Where do you work related to composites and what do you do?

I am a post garduate student from Nepal. I am doing my project in finite element analysis of composite laminates but i am unable to understand the finite element formulation for the laminated plates.So would you mind providing me some guidance.I am totally confused.

I am a post garduate student from Nepal. I am doing my project in finite element analysis of composite laminates but i am unable to understand the finite element formulation for the laminated plates.So would you mind providing me some guidance.I am totally confused.

I was Aircraft Structuraly Maintenance in the Air Force. We mostly did repairs rather than molding though. I’ve been out now for two years, but I still stick to it as a hobby.

I am a student doing research on finite element analysis of composites.

Hi, I am Flavio, the owner of CRM Compositi an Italian factory that produce parts for motorcycles, and complete motocross bike with a real carbon fiber frame.
My factory also produce parts for defence and for aerospace.

Awesome to have you on this site, Flavio! The CRM motocross products are incredibly nice!!!
The carbon motocross frame is very impressive.

I am the co-founder of a men’s Carbon Fiber based accessory line. We manufacture all of own our products are made in the USA using American sourced Raw materials. The main company is Luxury Carbon Fiber and the smaller entities we use for Kickstarter or wholesale etc Roar Carbon, RC Fibers, and Ingenuity for Him. I am basically addicted to Carbon Fiber and trying to make Carbon Fiber versions of everything.

I work for Polynt Composites in the U.S. We produce unsaturated polyesters, vinylesters and Gel coats. I am a regional salesman based in the Southeast.

I’m the sales manager at CL Carbonlife. We make all lifestyle product under carbon fiber
Johnson
www.clcarbonlife.com

I build autonomous vehicles for a company named Autonomoustuff out of central Illinois. We modify and create self driving and data acquisition vehicles for most of the oem’s and tier 1 suppliers around the world. My composite work sparked about 10 years ago from an interest in flatwater freestyle jet skis so I designed and built a few from scratch. I hand laid the first one and quickly realized there had to be a better way. I now infuse anything larger than a dinner plate.

1 Like

I’m not currently working in composites, but I used to work in GA aircraft and some experimental rotorcraft stuff. I’ve also made car/truck/heavy truck parts in my past work, as well as even some composite tooling for furniture.

Looking at getting back in on a hobby basis to build a camper/caravan type trailer. Think Scamp, but modernized, more or less…