These are your new forums

The old ones is finally dead. Took 2 years of figuring out what to do, testing and migration for it to wind down by say goodbye to that mid 2005 era tech.

This new one I hope will serve us all better and most importantly will be stable and spam free for a long time to come.

Canyon,
Thank you for the work you do running these forums. Although they aren’t used a huge amount, nor do I post, I find the information here incredibly helpful and I appreciate your efforts to keep it available.

Sincerely,
jroy

@jroy
Thank you so much for posting it. To be honest for how much this forum costs, how much time it takes to manage, and how much time I don’t have to manage it I’ve struggled with keeping it going. But everytime I thought about taking it down it killed me to think about all the knowledge, tips, and great spirit that’s people have shared here that would all disappear.

I know the transition has been jerky but I really hope the migration and work into modernizing it keeps it up for another 10+ years for people to be able to come here and reference, even if the community isnt as active as it used to be.

And I really appreciate you coming here to share your sentiment. It makes it all worth it if even one person benefits.

Thank you for validating all these efforts.

1 Like