Removing old mods and admins

Today a user pointed out that some threads were deleted, something I hadn’t noticed. This irks me because I spend a lot of time and money keeping this place secure and stable and usable even though I don’t have much time and even less money.

While the threads were the users own the mere principle that useful information was being removed from the forum clearly stands against the whole reason this place is here.

The only people that could have done this were moderators and admins. Because of this I went through all the admin and moderator logs and changed the inactive mods regular users, which pretty much ended up being all of them.

Lastly the reason I’m posting this is for transparency. This forum is open and I’d be a hypocrite and making secret changes would be hypocritical to what I’m trying to do here.

Mod? Only one I knew of was you! Do you need more people to help out? Seems like your a one man army.

Wow…not cool of them to do that without at least checking in with you !

I’ve got this place controlled and free of spammers now. The mods I’m talking about are those that were mods before I maintained this grandfathered in.

You’re right though all of them are inactive and I had just left them as mods to keep the status quo but secretly deleting content is something I’m not thrilled about.

How far back is this site archived?

It was created around 2003 from what I can see but the database is missing a lot of attachments, users whatnot from back then. I only joined 18 months ago and took over slightly over a year ago.