Ontario, Canada

Hello! I live in Ottawa, Ontario and would look forward to hearing from anyone in my area to exchange ideas and encouragement.

Ray

Hi Ray !

Im Phil from Montreal ! Pleasure to meet you !

What work you are doing in Composite ?

Hi Phil. Im not in composites, Im an aircraft engineer whos into motorcycles. A project Im currently undertaking is a carbon/kevlar tank for my Aprilia. As with most hobbies/careers/things of interest I did a little research into the required resins, which answered a few questions, which led to more research, which led me to believe I`m in WAY over my head!

Ray

From Toronto here. What’s up?

Not much. Been swamped with little things like,…getting married. Amazing how projects you really want to do get pushed aside when a little thing like that comes up!

:slight_smile:

Hey Ray. Joel here from Montreal. I pass thru Ottawa all the time when I run at Calabogie. Composite hobbyist in the automotive space. Have you made your two piece mold yet? I have a buddy of mine that has asked me to make him a composite tank for his Honda CB café racer. I’ve started looking at the project and deciding where my halves will meet to optimize for aesthetics. I’ll be vacuum bagging carbon fibre and kevlar. How far have you gotten?

LOL! Not very far. Life sems to have a funny way of interfering in projects! Ive aquired a spare fuel tank, and Ive masked it off and waxed it and,…thats it. Now that the wedding is done I should be able to start on the mold very soon. If she doesnt have other plans that I don`t know about yet. :slight_smile:

Good luck on the project (and the wedding). Things always have a way of fixing themselves.

If guys need carbon/Kevlar fabrics or Prepregs then contact me neal@cacomposites.com

CAComposites,
If you post advertisements like that again I’m suspending your account temporarily. Please stop this practice.

Sorry canyon. I thought they might need it.