I got a job

I finally got my first real professional job! As many of you know I’ve been a student for the past few years.

The reason I’m announcing it though has to do with its effect on this site.

As a student I was able to check on this site frequently since I was only required to be in class maybe 16 hours a week maximum. I also got frequent weeklong breaks, every 11 weeks.

A professional job is much more time intensive as many of you know. I’m going to continue to make a full faith effort to keep this site up and running smoothly while I make this life transition.

Also the wiki may roll out slower than I expected since now I need to focus on excelling at work

More than ever I encourage all of you to send me feedback or suggestions for the site. It’ll help me spend more time fixing errors than looking for them!

Thank you all so much for all the tips, the help and the great community!

First off…CONGRATS on the J.O.B. Canyon…very nice !

Did you get in a field that is Composites related ? That would be cool for you.

Actually that’s the only misgiving I have about the job. It’s rigging solutions for oil drilling so it’s all metals. The interviewer asked me specifically “I see you have a lot of composites experience, do you mind working with dumb metals?”

Doesn’t matter to me though. With the money I get from this job I can finally afford to get a new pump and test out some new materials!! :smiley:

Congrats. /

Congrats!!!

Well done and congratulations on your job. The oil and gas E&P sectors can offer lots of opportunities its a good sector to get a start in. Perhaps you will come up for a novel solution to drilling while H2s gas is present its highly toxic and extreamly corrosive to the metals in the drill strings. Now a composite corrosion proof drill string or pipe outer liner could be a real winner. Food for thought.

congrats canyon!

Congrats, Canyon.

Perhaps appoint a moderator or 2 who at least can shovel the spam-sh!t into the bin. At this stage I do not think more guidance is needed at this time, as the members seem to play it nice.

^ Best idea, a few mods can keep the place in check :slight_smile: Congrats on the job Canyon, don’t go AWAL though for metals, remember your main passion is composites :smiley:

:smiley: As long as I see the parts you guys are making I won’t forget how cool composites are.

I don’t know if that was directed to me, composites can be pretty cool, but metals rank up pretty even…regardless, really do wish you the best Canyon, you’ll do well!!

Congratulaions! I hope everything goes well with the new job.

Thanks for all the work you’ve been doing to maintain this site. I appreciate all the effort!

Congratulation on your new jod, and don’t forget the passion is in composites…
Wow SLS, that’s what I’m calling a sexy rolled up edge!!!