Freeman fillet wax

About to order some 1/4 inch rounds. Has anyone used this stuff before? I’m thinking it could be used to seal plugs and seams instead of clay since I feel like my clay reaches sometimes with my gel coat.

Yeh, I dont like them. They work ok, but they are quite tedious and slow to use, and you are obviously limited with the radius size which can be more or a pain than you might expect.

In all honesty, I know the yellow filleting wax from Easy Composites seems expensive, but it is very much worth it. It takes me a good 2 years to go through a 600g block, and I use it a lot…

Infused, I have some of the wax filets if you would like to come by and get some. I bought them but don’t really use them.

Man you’ve tried it all haha. Thanks i’ll pass then!

I’ll shout you a pm man!

Pelikan Nakiplast is the brand that Easy Composites sells. I found a better deal on ebay. The stuff works great. Reusable. Easy to shape and clean up.

also on Amazon

Amazon is $26 with shipping for a 650g block. Best deal on E-bay is $34.72 with shipping.

I can’t find the stuff on eBay. The only thing that comes up is some blue play dough looking clay.

Or amazon for that matter.

Someone needs to buy a huge pallet of this stuff and distribute it in the US.

If you’re in a pinch and only need a little rather than a big block, here’s a tip- buy the soft wax for braces from Amazon (dental orthowax). Sticky, easy to form fillets from the rolled shapes, and works great.

If the “Nakiplast” is truly the same product that Easy Composites sells, then the blue stuff you found is correct. It comes in several colors, blue being one of them. It appears to be a clay rather than a wax.

https://www.amazon.com/Pelikan-Nakiplast-602508-Modelling-Dough/dp/B0014E33YG

Guess I’ll give it a go then.

It’s wax. It contains bee’s wax. Doesn’t stick to your skin like clay. It’s available from other composite sites that don’t repackage it.

I bought mine nearly a year ago. At that time, ebay was the best deal I could find. I paid about $26. I don’t think it was available on amazon at the time.

Available right now on ebay for $22, including shipping. 650g blue. That’s the best deal I’ve seen. Less than half the price of Easy Composites. They cut the blocks in half and sell them for $26 shipped to U.S. I think I’ll order some.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pelikan-Nakiplast-30-681-602508-Soft-Modelling-Dough-650-g-Block-Blue/352284027181?epid=1574811021&hash=item5205c3a92d:g:gYgAAOSwlFdaiCZI

Arg missed it

FYI bought some of the blue stuff. Looks nice. Can’t wait to use it instead of my clay haha.

So just an update. I wish I listened to you guys earlier and bought this stuff because it’s like heaven. It’s so easy to work with vs clay it’s ridiculous. I spent about $120 on blocks and can say it’s one of the best investments I’ve made other than my mbar vacuum reader.

The only complaint I have is it’s just as hard as clay to remove from the mold once done. Any tips or solvents you guys use to help clean it off fast?

Just get the bulk off with a pop stick or other scraper, then use wax and grease remover to get rid of the rest. Its definitely much easier to clean up than clay.