Composite Starter Kits

I have a garage full of composite supplies but am moving soon and won’t be using these materials. I would like to offer newcomers a composite kit comprised of various supplies in exchange for a donation to the forum.

Question: What’s the cost?
Answer: A reasonable donation of your choosing + shipping

Question: I offered you one dollar and you refused me! What kind of pompous jerk are you?!?!
Answer: I can’t take a loss on these kits. I’m going to be deep in debt soon and am doing this to make money for the forums, not lose money.

Question: Why do this now?
Answer: Donations, while helpful, do not cover the cost of this site completely. This wasn’t a problem because I’ve always had a positive net worth, even if it was close to zero. In the near future I will be tens of thousands of dollars in debt for the first time in my life. I would like to offer this service as a way to earn money for the site

Question: What are you going to do with the money?
Answer: Put it in a bank account to keep this forum going

Question: What are you planning to buy?
Answer: Bare minimum I need to pay hosting fees and domain fees which are a few hundred dollars each year. Long term I would like to upgrade this forum platform to ensure the experience is up to date, and that the forum security remains top notch.

Question: Can you sell me bulk material for cheap?
Answer: No, I would like to help multiple people start out in the world of composites, rather than help one person stockpile cheap consumables

Question: I’m interested what do I do?
Answer: PM me or send me a message using the Contact Us form. Let me know what you’re trying to do so I can send you the correct consumables for your application

Question: Aren’t you breaking the rules by trying to sell things in the Composites Talk forum?
Answer: Yes but I’ve spent hundreds of dollars and hundreds of hours keeping this place going, both ad free and spam free so I’m going to bend the rules in my favor. I’m also doing this for the good of the forum, so get over it.

I tried sending a pm but it didn’t work. I just registered to this forum and am willing to help. I’m planning to make a carbon fiber interior trim for my car and cf door mirrors. I live in Boston MA. If you can send me more details of what you’re willing to send (which fabric 3k 2x2 twill weave…what type of epoxy resin…slow/fast hardner… and if you have an idea of shippping and handling costs kindly email me at lzalzale@gmail.com as I said I would be happy to help. thanks

I’m having the same issue ZalZaly is having with not being able to p.m. you. What i am looking to do is make a composite mountain board that is going to be run by either a gas engine or electric motor, not quite sure what i am going to need.

I am interested please PM me Thank you

Rob

Is this offer still available?

Hey Canyon. I am looking to create CF parts for my RC cars and think this is a great arrangement! If you still have materials for a starter kit I would be happy to make a donation to the site.

Thanks!

can you please email me vermachina@gmail.com
I am interested in learning from you about composite