Bicycle photos

This thread will be for posting ONLY photos of CF and other cool bicycles!
Here’s a former student of mine at Vegas in an enclosed bicycle. He’s into recumbent bicycles…

…the inside of this bike…

…Speed bike…

…anyone for a dreadlock frame? :eek:

…another enclosed bike…

…and last but not lest, a DJ bike! :smiley:

I have to shoot a photo of a local guy (ahhhh, how can I say this PC…slow in the brain…) Blue Angel special…

The egg mobiles are interesting. I don’t know about the exoskeleton MTB frame… too weird.

Did you go to InterBike?!!? Bastard!!!

I have been looking into the IsoTruss system lately, it looks very very awesome! I wonder if They are going to start production yet.
I know BYU/IsoTruss licensed it to Delta 7 Sports, but the websites have NO info about products that one can buy!

How do they make those windows for the recumbents?

probably vacuum formed polycarbonate or other clear thermoplastics.

So probably not something I could do in my garage…

You have a vacuum pump, or a high-power vacuum cleaner?
Yes you can.
There are tons of articles out there on it. Basiclly you make a mold, drill lots of holes in the base board and some in th emold part, heat up the plastic with lamps/etc, place it on the mold,and suck it down.

I know MAKE mag. just did a story on it in their last issue.

I bet a heat gun would speed up the process along with heat lamps. I know for some race car applications they use a heat gun to form the polycarbonate/Lexan windows to the correct contour. I made a windshield once from Lexan, but at the time I didn’t have a heat gun to shape it better, so i screwed the window to the car.

I want to share some photos of German STORCK frame I like.

And also beautiful IBIS frames…

on the ibis bike, does anybody know how you can get that dull finish? i like it a lot!

It all depends on the mold surface.

A shot peened aluminum mold, a 1000 grit finished epoxy/poly mold, sandblasted molds, there really is a million ways to acheive that finish.

JRL, i google shot peened aluminum mold but i dont think i found anything relevant. What is it?
I dont know about 1000 grid though … 1000 grid is more like the shocks than the body. Sandblasted mold … now, why didnt i think of that. Ive always like shiny parts, but after seeing this bike, i think im a fan of a more dull looking parts.

Grit as in sanding grit per 1x square " …1000 grit sand paper has 1000 grits of sand.

Sand blasting, shot peening, media blasting …all the same process but different media (material) being blown out of the nozzle.

I never knew a 1000 grit paper can be that dull? I usually stop at 600 grit and it’d still look like glass. Am i missing something here? Are you saying that the frame/part is sanded down with 1000 grit after it’s demolded?