A note about "post and run" advertising

This post only concerns a few people, maybe 1 out of a 1000 who visit the site, but staying true to my motto of transparency I’ll explain this to all.

Recently I’ve noticed a few threads coming through which I’d like to describe as “post and run advertising.” Basically someone signs up, makes a quick post with a link to their product or webfront and does nothing else. So far I have blocked these threads in the moderation stage so they weren’t ever visible. I felt that I should make that public.

I have a few issues with the mentality but the easiest way to say it is this; I don’t blatantly abuse this site for money, so no one else is going to either.

This site is friendly place for a two way discussion relating to composites (or anything else in the appropriate section). It’s not a place to bombard people with advertisements, trade show magazines are for that.

This isn’t to say you can’t advertise your product, service or find business opportunities here. Plenty of users like DDcompound have used this site to advertise their wares but more importantly they have stuck around and become part of the community as well. I really appreciate that.

I can’t make a strict definition of what is ok and what’s not but like Potter Stewart said “I know it when I see it.” If you feel like I misjudged you please contact me and we can work it out. However adding a link to your website in your first post is not the best way to go about this.

We get blasted with enough stupid ads through TV, Facebook, billboards, magazines, newspapers etc. I’ll be damned if anyone comes here and has some product pitch shoved in their face.