WTF..Calif. running out of money!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20081210/ts_csm/abellyup

Arizona is out of money too. So lawmakers installed 80 new freeway photo radar cameras, and passed a new law that license plate frames may not hide or cover the word “Arizona” at the top of the plate.

To raise local city revenue, all local cities have installed photo radar cameras on almost every intersection.

Wait for all the creative ways your gov’t will try to screw you out of your hard earned $ in the near future… legalized theft if you ask me.

I saw those last night my our last minute, 5,000 mile, holiday trip from hell! :eek:

I was hoping to get to that Phx. surplus store while they were open…but do to a storm back in Branson, Mo. (not the first stop on this trip…) area, we decided to stay an extra day (thank god as I had come down with a Tenn. cold…) there and rode the tail end of the strom front all the way home…

I’ll be typing up a Holiday trip from hell report later…I need some sleep and fill many back orders first!

PS: We have those out here for many years and the company’s that have installed them are getting sued over them for coruption! :cool:

They started using them around here as well, but not for something as silly as covering up the states name by use of a plate frame, for going through redlights. However there are clear covers that go over your plate, with random laminations of shapes of reflective material so when the camera tries to take the photo, it comes out blotchy and cannot record your reg number. :stuck_out_tongue: Not sure if it actualy works 100%, but it is what some people have done to try to combat that. :stuck_out_tongue:

a friend of mine had one on his car some years back and said that hes been flashed several times and has never received a ticket… but officer friendly gave him a sideways glance one day and pulled him over for it and he had to remove it… i had one one my car also but im not an intersection dasher. . .:smiley:

Is RedFlex the name of one of the radar camera companies being sued? Some folks here in AZ are furious over the many new freeway and highway cameras here.

I want to go to that surplus store also, just have to save up some cash first. I will email you with a list and prices for interesting items they have.

Here is some interesting info on the transparent license plate covers…http://kwc.org/mythbusters/2007/03/episode_73_beating_the_speed_camera_exploding_patches.html

A lot of sportbike riders here tilt their plate way up so photo radar can’t photo them. I’m not saying it’s right, but I understand how they feel. Sometimes trying to stop a bike quickly on a short yellow light can mean early death for the rider ( if hit from behind ).

The new Sheriff or Mayor(?) of Pinal County Arizona made Redflex remove ALL photo radar cameras from his county. He cited they were not helpful to the public, not a public service like a real human police officer is, and that it was a way fro the local government there to make revenue. He also said in tough economic times like we have now that it is not fair to have photo radar. Basically it’s not in the publics best interest.

Now Arnold is planning to close and sell off the Calif. state parks…:mad:

From what I’ve been noticing…property isn’t what Arnold should be getting rid of…its this> Below.

California

Just One State 
This is only one State...............If this doesn't open your eyes nothing will !  

From the L. A. Times 
1. 40% of all workers in L. A. County ( L. A.. County has 10.2 million people)are working for cash and not paying taxes.. This is because they are predominantly illegal immigrants working without a green card. 
2.. 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens. 
3. 75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles are illegal aliens. 
4. Over 2/3 of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal alien Mexicans on Medi-Cal , whose births were paid for by taxpayers. 
5. Nearly 35% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally 
6. Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are living in garages. 
7. The FBI reports half of all gang members in Los Angeles are most likely illegal aliens from south of the border. 
8. Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties are illegal. 
9. 21 radio stations in L. A. are Spanish speaking. 
10. In L. A. County 5.1 million people speak English, 3.9 million speak Spanish. 
(There are 10.2 million people in L. A. County . ) 

(All 10 of the above are from the Los Angeles Times) 

Less than 2% of illegal aliens are picking our crops, but 29% are on welfare.. Over 70% of the United States ' annual population growth (and over 90% of California , Florida , and New York ) results from immigration.  29% of inmates in federal prisons are illegal aliens.