Workers wanted: Building 550 Spyders

This is an e-mail I recieved last night (7/23) from one of my biggest accounts. They are making awesome 550 Spyders kit cars ( http://www.stuttgartspyders.com ) and they need part and full time workers asap:

JM
It’s started!! We took our first deposit on a car today and the same guy has orders on 3 more!! I had a call from a US national sales manager for a Denmark company last week and the owner of this large company is a car nut to. This guy said the owner ask him to get a copy of our option list so he can do the build sheets on 20 cars that he wants to buy!!

OK, so how am I going to ramp this thing up. The same way you eat an elephant, one bite at a time!

1. I need to find a person that has some basic mechanical skills to do assembly work.

2. I need a person that has fiberglass and some paint prep knowledge. Also has basic mechanical skills.

3. I need a person that can make up wiring looms and do clean work/finish work.

I believe that in the next 3 to 6 months we will hire 6 more workers. Can you help me?Please reply with your thoughts.Thanks … (562) 633-2123 A.C. Industries in Long Beach, Calif., on Paramount Blvd just off the 91 freeway!

Just tell them you read about the jobs on here!

i can do a killer wiring loom, I did my racecar from scratch, if only I had a budget to do nice high $$ connectors. However, it’s too bad i’m in MD.

Sounds like a killer opportunity Jim !Why don’t you head the team up and make some bank doing this with them ?
My boss and I just recieved the multiple molds from Germany for making a first order of 7 Lamboghini Muira bodies.What a neat car.
Best of luck to whomever !
Vinny

The original Muira is neat, but replicas not so much. :slight_smile:

The 550 Spyder project sounds cool. Might be a good opportunity for someone with established fiberglassing skills. Not sure how advanced the companies methods are. Too bad their website isn’t working to see more details.

As far as I know,no one has replicated them before. These are being well cloned with L V12’s and square tube frames to spec along with even better upholstery than stock, but visually the same.The molds were direct car pulls.Very accurate.We also have 2 Muira’s here to compare details with as they go.They will have hidden fuel Injection within the multi-carb bodies…so even more HP and reliability.
Screw the real price tag of several hundred thous or more…these can be insured and driven hard with the same appeal.
Vinny

Not that i’m qualified to work for an auto manufacturer. I get emotionally disturbed every time i hear of a new company that has many customer orders lined up. Why you ask?

I went to work for a start up company making cold storage doors for the cold storage industry. They had 120 doors already ordered when i started and only like 6 of them built. After 11 months the company went bust:o

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with building a new company… but i will say the only one i will work for is myself. Then if it fails the only person i can kick in the rear is myself :smiley:

I’ll never forget one kind of major blunder the manager made there at that company. We needed special cairage bolts for the door track wheels to have clearance. So what does he do…he calls up a bolt manufacturer and orders $5,000. worth of track bolts. All we had to do was use a grinder and grind the heads flat on about 15 bolts per door and it would have saved a lot of money. Once the door is on the track no one can see the ground bolt head. They made a lot of mistakes like that that ultimately killed the company.

well you can say that for any company for which you work.

You just have to be smart about it all. For whom you work is a big deal, to me at least – I have to know the company is compitent, forward-thinking, ambitious, and has a desire to make quality products.

I’ve seen start-up companies with a ton of orders that do fantastic. It’s because they had “all their ducks in a row” before they made an attempt to sell a product.

This is not a start up company, but a new product line for a major ACVW products manufactor!