Who's down for an advanced composite crash course?

A few customers have suggested this so I’ll leave it open for now in case anyone is interested.

Although my shop is always open for anyone to come in and obtain help on whatever it is that they’re working on, I can also put together a short weekend crash course on advanced as well as basic composite. I know not everyone will be able to fly down here so a webconference class is also an option if we can find a way to offset the cost of setting this up.

Again, I’m just going to throw it out there. If anyone want to organize something and set it up then feel free to do so.

Evan

I would be interested

hell yea im down, local luckly for me :smiley:

I would be interested… in the web course that is…

this sounds wicked! (shame im in the uk :frowning: ) As for the web conference idea im up for that if it can be done.

The cost of this may not be that bad (compared to what :smiley: ) as there are loads of site that let you broadcast for free and have voice features as well as text chatting. (lots of these sites do have adult content :roll: so do not go researching the idea at work :wink: ). If something like this was to go ahead i would not mind chipping in to foot some of the bill for your time online and your tutoring.

The first class is going to be the weekend before thanksgivings Nov. 20-21st. Saturday and Sunday. I am probably going to schedule it for 10-5pm on Saturday and 10-2pm on Sunday. I have a customer coming down from Northern Cal so if anyone else wants to join in let me know.

The web thing, I’ll figure it out. We’ll shoot for December

I would be interested in driving down from norcal for that… I will get back to you on if I can or not

I’m interested in the web conference, ( I live in Canada)

I’m willing to fly in from NY.

If you could make it in next weekend that would be good. If not we can schedule for another class basically anytime. The one person who’s coming down next week is going to bring his plugs and molds so that we can work out his issues and hopefully he’ll be making good parts by the time he gets home.

Next weekend sounds good, I just have to run by my Boss today. I’ll get back to you. Just one thing though, I don’t have anything to bring just an brain to soak up as much information as possible. I can help as much as possible though. I guess i’ll get the directions as soon as I know if I could make it.

evan, can you recommend any halfway decent, inexpensive hotels nearby?

Same here any help with hotels and or car rentals would be great, Oh yea any racetracks nearby.

Well the one customer who is coming down got a room at the Howard Johnson in Anaheim for $35/night. He’s also renting a car so maybe you guys can split the bill. Anaheim is about a 5-10 minutes drive to my shop.

There are a lot of race tracks in SoCal but they’re all at least an hour or two away from Orange County which is where we’re at.

How many days should I plan on being in Cali. Should I plan on working 2 or 3 days.

BTW, there’s no fee/charge but I will accept donations. If you end up using materials for your own projects then you can pay for that as well. Other than that it’s everything goes.

You can stay here as many days as you want.

Sounds like a plan, :smiley:

well, hopefully I can make this work out so I can get down there… what a great way to gain loyal customers :wink: