What the hell is this???

I’m trying to sell my car and this guy emails me the following. Sounds like a scam to me…I haven’t responded yet but my first inclination is to say “cash only” or “title transfer only after check is cleared”.

It also sounds like I’m expected to ship the car on his dime. Hell no!

Opinions?

Good to hear from you i really appreciate the response, i will need you to consider the car sold to me and am in total agree with the final price so i will call my secretary first thing tomorrow to issue out the check as soon as you send me your full name and address including your phone number and i will want you not to bother yourself about the shipping i have an international shipping company that would handle the shippment all you need to do is try and determine the car weigth very well if available for now because the shipping fee for the car will be included to the check and we wouldn’t like to make mistake with the weigth, so as soon as you recieve the check you will deduct your car fee and send the rest to the shipping company so all i need now is the wiegth and once again thanks DO NOT FORGET TO SEND ME YOUR FULL NAME AND ADDRESS FOR PAYMENT ASAP.

SCAM…from www.Craigslist.com?

Ayup! Typical Nigerian 419 scam. Ahahaha! He’ll send you a $25000 cheque from his bank in Nigeria. So you can keep an extra $1K for your trouble and return the rest to you him with a certified bank draft! lol

You should read some of the stories about “Scam Baiting”, They’re freakin’ hilarious!

http://www.419eater.com/

Nope it was from autotrader.com.

My first clue was the shipping company. Cmon now, any company should be able to figure out the gross vehicle weight.

I’ll tell the guy to pay me cash in full!

Then they have your correct and active e-mail addy!

Another way to get spam data?

I already get tons of spam. From “repeat offenders” I keep a separate list of their email addresses in a text file.

Anytime I come across an “online survey”, “sign up free” thing I’ll pull the email addresses from the list. Fight spam with spam! They may not be permanent addresses but what the hell.

I used to have an online list of these addresses. That way anytime a web robot/spider parses the pages for email addresses, they’ll pick them up.

it’s a scam, i’ve been through it about 4-5 years ago when it was a new thing, luckily I waited for the check to ACTUALLY clear (which it did not).

It sounds like someone begging you to beat the stupidity out of them.