What isn't made in CHINA?

My wife went gorcery shopping and bought some Dole and Del Monte (american pie type of companys, right…?) friut in cups. While I was putting them away in the ref. I notice PRODUCT of CHINA! WTF

I know what you mean Jim…real scary these days.I’ll give up when even our toilet paper is Cantonese,lol
Vinny

the more people shop at Wal-Mart the more money there is to fund chinese products. No one is willing to pay what it costs for things to be locally produced.

I try not to buy prepared foods often. That’s when you really have no idea what’s in your food.

I was looking at buying some Japanese rice bowls in San Francisco in Japan town and the Japanese guy said “ Those bowls are not make in Chine” I just found that amusing.

O also shop at Wal-Mart for the low everyday price, I don’t like to give my money away. :smiley:

China exports some high quality stuff these days. Give it a decade or two and they will at par with Japan. Its always good to buy within your country tho.

Dole is under investigation by the US gov’t for paying off Columbian Gorillas and Columbian fighters for protection of it’s employees.

See apparently if you want to do business in Columbia and you don’t pay protection money… your employees are as good as dead.

Chikita bananas paid over 2 million in protection money to the Gorillas in the past 20 years, probabably much more than that would be my guess.

I agree China seems to be producing better quality stuff these days . I may buy a pair of aluminum racing controls for my sportbike from Taiwan. I try not to buy much Chinese stuff though because i feel it puts Americans out of work.

it all stems down to cheap labor!! When I did my tour of a carbon/fiberglass factory in bejing they said the main fabricators make about 60% then the average fabricator in the us makes and even management makes 30% less then what we would make here. Also the grit workers-- cutters and shappers make about 10% what they make here. But there is a lot of dirty business with cutting corners or false materials. I would LOVE to take some carbon products that are made in china and really see if they are carbon or just dyed fiberglass

Damn that is why Naners are so high. Naners is what my son at a very young age called them.