Water Vapor? Greenhouse gas thats never mentioned...

Water Vapor makes up 95% of the green house gas in the atmosphere. Carbon Dioxide makes up 4% of our greenhouse gases.

Why then, are we trying to switch over to cars that produce water vapor as their by-product?

Produce more of the most abundant greenhouse gas? Or control one of the smallest?

maybe so they can have both a carbon tax and a water vapor tax and make more money

Wouldnt surprise me. Probably charge you by the ton emitted.

According to Wikipedia:

The most important greenhouse gases are:

water vapor, which causes about 36–70% of the greenhouse effect on Earth. (Note clouds typically affect climate differently from other forms of atmospheric water.)
carbon dioxide, which causes 9–26%
methane, which causes 4–9%
ozone, which causes 3–7%

Water vapour is vital, without it it we would have an av temp of -18’c.

Overhere it was recently suggested that we stop eating meat and drinking milk because of cows excessive contribution to the methane percentage. They seem to have overlooked the amount of curry restaraunts we eat in and real beer we drink… :smiley:

If I were you, I would do more reading, especially beyond wikipedia. Not trying to sound like a know it all, but wikipedia is full of skewed info.

The whole world is full of skewed info - climate change being a prime example. How do you know who or what to believe?

Very, very true! Whens the last time you’ve heard a news anchor, or, anyone else mention water vapor when talking greenhouse gases? That in itself skews any news report on climate change (which is why I brought this subject up). When they say theres a 1% increase in CO2, its actually a percent of a small percentage (because their talking parts per million). Just sounds better (in a scarier way) to say 1%.

The press blow it up out of all proportion just to sell papers of course. There was a documentary out on UK TV (Ch 4) that threw up a huge debate, you can read more about it here than I can explain:

http://www.channel4.com/science/microsites/G/great_global_warming_swindle/

I can’t see any complete copies of it online, but it sure was an interesting program. Lots of stuff on youtube as usual…

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xzSzItt6h-s

Thanks for the link. Pretty good reading.