volunteer

Hi everyone… I am pretty new to composites yet I can not emphasis enough on how eager I am to learn more. I live in Alhambra, ca (so cal) and I would love to learn more in person and I am more than willing to volunteer or just watch and learn from experts. So PLEASE if anyone in so cal needs a volunteer or just wont mind me watching and learning while they work please contact me. I am trying to learn VIP techniques at this moment but I am not picky :slight_smile: thank you again
Bryan

Hey Brian,
Sometime soon I’m supposed to start making some more samples for my research. When I get a time and date nailed down we could see if it works for you? I live down in Orange County though so it may be quite a drive for you but we can figure all that out later

If possible would I be able to join in and learn more too?

Sure I’ll let you know when I’m making some samples, I’m currently waiting on vacuum oil. Also I’m no expert compared to the people on this forum, my laminates are as simple as it gets :D. If anyone here is doing super complex production parts let ME know so I can come in and watch you!

excellent thank you.

Quick update on this. I’ve got a final on Monday, after that I’ll probably take a few days off and start. I’ll let you know when and what time.

Moved due to thread content

So I’m going to be making 6 samples over the course of next week Sunday through Friday or Saturday. Let me know what days you guys want to come and we can discuss the rest through PM. It doesn’t have to be the same day either. I prefer to work after 2 pm since it’s a lot cooler fyi.

And just a forewarning, I’m not a pro, maybe halfway there if I’m lucky. But I do know a thing or two about these infusions so hopefully it’ll be useful for you guys!

Hello,

I can do MWF afternoon-nights as well as Saturdays.

thanks

I would like to join in if I had the time, maybe on the next one? I’m in huntington beach and would like to see how others do infusion, etc. I was in werksberg’s class years ago but had to stop going.
Anyone PM me and we’ll hook up. Most weekdays are out though.

With this much interest I should start charging for classes or something. Right now my catch pot is leaking so I have to fix it for the time being. I’ll let you know when I start with infusions again, I’m hoping I can start again tomorrow.

Where can I get a tutorial for carbon fiber techniques…more specifically, carbon fiber over styrofoam joints.