Vinyl ester tooling gel

It’s near impossible for me to try and find a distributor that sells this stuff in gallons. Does anyone have a supplier? I know where you can buy 5 gallon pals but I only need a gallon.

FYI I’m located in North America so that’s one of the main issues.

You could try calling and asking for a sample to test.

where did you find 5 if i may ask?

AVT in Indianapolis sells 1 gallon gel coat.

Awesome I’ll call avt tomorrow.

There’s a company called Interplastic I believe who makes it for North American composites. I think you need an account and then hey transfer you to a sales rep and then they quote you a price. Unsure the pricing.

I actually did that but feel really bad since I only go through a gallon every year or so and it typically goes bad before I get to use it. Although keeping it in the Refridge helps prolong the life I have found. I offered to even pay for he sample gallon but still couldn’t get any less way.

Since you mentioned NAC, they are reps for Polycryl. Polycryl makes only tooling related products - gelcoat, resin, primers (similar to Duratec). I just started using the tooling gel and I’ve got to say, the results so far have been outstanding. Really shines up well. I don’t know about longevity yet but I figured that it’s probably not any worse than any other brand.

I don’t know if they sell gallons. They do sell 5’s and larger.