Vacuum foil

Hello,

I used to use Airtech Wrightlon 5400 0.002" vacuum foil for infusion only.I was not satisfied with the result. Often I had small holes (probably at folds)that I couldn’t find and the foil was a bid stiff. To try something different I tried the same version only in 0.003" thick. Take the 0.002" version in mind and multiplie that with 10. It doesn’t work with my complex shapes and when it has a fold you see some damage wright away. My first easy product was full with holes.

My supplier recommended me Airtech Big blue but the problem it’s folded and at least 3 m wide . I need a 1,5 m wide foil and not folded. It needs to be asshole prove and easy to work with whith complex shapes. What can you guys recommend me and what do you use for infusion?

70 people that have seen this topic don’t use vacuum foil, sometimes this forum is awesome :D.

Does “vacuum foil” mean “bagging film” in English? :slight_smile: If it does , I have a roll of cytec Vacpac hanging on my wall. It’s there equivalent to airtech ’ s big blue , .003" thick. Almost 3 meters wide folded, 22 some feet wide opened. A lot better than the Wrightlon 5??? (It was Clear) I was using.

Yes it means bagging film, my bad. Thanks for the info. I’m getting a sample off the big blue tomorrow and will test that one. The wrightlon goes back to the supplier.

How does the Cytec handle folding, do you get holes easy in the bagging film ?

Vac pac 400y is what I have and I find it much less porous than the 5400 Wrightlon I was previously using. The v fold crease from the roll does not noticeably weaken it.

Still curious about the “asshole proof” materials requirement. I’m guessing you have a bunch of workers in your shop that you REALLY don’t like?

It’s just a hobby for me so I’m the only one handling the bagging film. Whith asshole proof I mean it can withstand some rough handling and doesn’t get holes very easy. The Wrightlon gets holes even when you handle it with extreme care.

Sooo?? Did you get it ? Do you like it? Leaving use hanging here :slight_smile:

Sorry forgot this topic. The big blue bagging film is awesome, mayor difference with the wrightlon. I bought a roll with 675m2 3m folded (smallest one). Enough for a couple off years but it makes life a lot easier.

The Wrightlon is stiff and crispy, if you fumble it or fold it you get holes in it. The Big Blue is soft, you can fumble, fold and abuse it but no holes up to now.

:slight_smile: Mine payed for its self in under a week just from not having to chase phantom leaks. :slight_smile:

I’m curious about your experiences with the W5400, I’ve been using the WN1500 for some time now and I’m very satisfied. How do you store your bagging film and how old is it? Nylon bagging films are hygroscopic and will become stiff and brittle if stored in an environment which is too dry.
My experience is that this effet is reversible to a certain extent if you can provide the right storage climate.

I precut the bagging film,sprayed water on it, placed it in a plastic garbage bag over night. Comes out nice and soft. For 30 minutes. Then back to crinkly unreliable junk. This is in the winter with the heat on and Lo humidity . Better in the high humidity of summer. They all get a bit crinkly in low humidity but not as unusable of the low end bagging films.

Sounds reasonable, as with most things you get what you pay for. I dug a bit deeper in my datasheets and found a recommendation from Airtech of a RH of 55% to retain moisture in nylon films.

Interesting. I use .002" WL5400 myself, and I find the total opposite to you. It’s tough, takes a lot to put a hole in it. I fold it, drag it around the workshop floor, etc. It dries out when I put it in the oven obviously, but it’s otherwise soft and not crinkly at all. Never once had a problem with leaks from a hole in the bag.

Have had PLENTY of those issues with other bags though.

I can recommed you a very good supplier, here is his contact e-mail: bashtorg@bk.ru