vacuum connectors for infusion

I’m wondering what everybody is using for connectors when doing infusion. I’m using the aluminum through-bag connector and I have a hard time getting a good seal.

plastic tube through the bag perimeter sealant to MTI hose. If you need to T it, you can have the tube go through perimeter then use a plastic T to spiral or MTI hose.

What size infusions are you doing? For small infusions, the silicone through-bag connectors that you can get from Easy Composites for example are excellent, though if you are using epoxy then they will only last 10 or so cycles before they start to deteriorate. You can get nylon versions of the same thing (I know Play With Carbon here in Australia used to sell them), but they are much harder to release and clean up following infusion.

For larger infusions, the Airtech RIC’s are made from nylon and are very good, though they are very tough to clean up afterwards.

Otherwise as hojo said, you can run the tube through the bagging tape and do it that way.

We offer Tacky Tape sealant rings. Our distributors should have them. They are for the Blade Runner connectors but can be used with other connectors too.

Thanks for the replies. I think I’ll try just placing the vacuum tube through the sealant tape, just like the infusion tube.