US Gov. bail out the auto makers....

I’m kind of glad that the Gov. refuse to bail the auto makers out (just because the banks are in the toilet…) but the auto makers should get the oil / gasoline company’s to bail them out after they have too much profits from shaking us reg. people down for the last couple of years!

Plus, they have been in bed together for too many decades already.

What happen to those 50 mpg carbs way back whe…:rolleyes:

Above it – the automakers are in the toilet. Driven down by the UAW and such ilk. Starting wages at 75/hr and bennies too.:frowning:

Now, South of the line - all the automakers are making a profit - workers get 45 to start - and just go figure! :stuck_out_tongue:

If hey aren’t producing cars people want they should loose – its a profit deal – RIGHT? Now as oil price continue to fall - do you suppose there will be ANY incentive to make a fuel efficient/hybred in Detroit? I think not. :eek:

NASCAR and F1 retool/build new cars for each season - admittedly small number of vehicles and hand made - but an example of what can happen if there is enough INCENTIVE!

Cheers - Jim
Soap Box is stored.

I really hope the gov’t does NOT bail out any automaker. The UAW are a bunch of greedy whiners. You don’t see Toyota or Nissan asking for a bail out. If they did i’m sure they would not be stupid enough to fly in to D.C. on their private jets.

Somehow the big three need to tame the UAW or find a way out of the UAW. perhaps shutting down all production for 6 months, thereby getting rid of all uaw workers. Then reopen with non unionized workers.

Latest news:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081205/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_economy

Anyone want to buy an automaker…I got some spare change! :smiley:

American cars are not where they should be. When you are paying people 100/hr to do brainless work, when a poor kid on a farm is doing 10x more work for 10x less pay, there is something wrong with that picture. They make horrible cars, poorly designed and engineered, and expect people to buy? Wrong

In my opinion, the Japanese are the only ones that have gotten it right across the boards.

Anyone else think the same?

I honestly do not think that they should be helped, its hard to say because its an american companies, but they are completely corrupt. I do not think it is just, to give money to companies who have knowingly produced inferior products compared to competition, because they are just going to continue to do so and then fail 6 months down the road instead of now. Unless they had a 100% revamp, got rid of all the bigwigs that are useless, and made the wages of the workers reasonable for what they do(…putting in bolts, snapping in panels…is not an 80/hr job, maybe 10/hr at most seeing as though Walmart employees do more than them for less) then there might be a chance for a comeback.