The reason I've been busy....

Here’s just one of my new products that I have been busy with:

The first one out of the molds only weighs 45 lbs for the main body! Doors are only outer skins now and maybe weigh a pound or 2.

very cool, I’ve always wanted to tackle something like that.
what was the process laminate used etc?

I would have loved one of those back in my younger years when I was a total VW nut :cool: I’m a bike nut now lol.

Nice job Werks!

Following the trend huh? Cheap speed.

and are you planning to produce more than one? and the $$$ :smiley:
will it be able to have working windows?

Sad thing is, that is one of the reasons why I got my license and bike in 2003…guess it was a good idea with 3.56$ prices now!!!

They’re good for fun weekend runs or trackdays, but little accidents are not “fender benders” on bikes when used in traffic.
And around here, I’ve been filling up for $3.99/gal lately!

wow $3.xx for gallon
when I was in usa 5years ago it was $1.00
but it`s still good price, in europe we have $7,50 for a gallon :mad:

Well, the body mold was from the last Herbie movie as I did the PC race windows for them. I got the mold for a song and a dance…:smiley:

But I couldn’t find a local So Calif. company to make them and my other FG products for me. I hate doing production work.

Gel coat, 1 single layer of 1 1/2 oz mat and double 1 1/2 oz mat along the perimeter, window openings and doors openings. And a layer of 6 oz cloth only. I found after making this first one a few spots that need paper core mat added.

It needs some mold mods (I’ll have to go there and do them soon…) to remove and changes some under cuts, but production will be soon. I also have to make / redo the door molds to have an inner panel on them too.

I have a major dealer (So Cal Imports) in Paramount that is making Porsche 550 Spyders that wants the exclusive sales for this body too.

Suggested retail $1,700 with both doors too.

These are marketed for the Drag & off road racing series but I rec. a ton of requests for a street version (much heavier) which may be in the future.

They will use my PC flush mounted windows, but I hope to test fir a stock glass window in later this week. But I first need to set this body on to a stock pan / chassis.

The long term deal is to produce a ACVW drag racing kit car that is really light weight and safe (full tube chassis) that guy cvould buy, add his trans and a small engine but still get low times. That is why we are planning to piggy back unto the 550 Spyder production line.

More later…

sounds good, price isnt bad either

$1700 retail, not very costly. Is it a csm or chopper gun body?

Hand laid 2x layers mat and a single layer of 6 oz cloth.

sweet :cool:

how is it going ??