Suggest an article

If you are looking for tutorial or article on any particular topic, please post your request and either Bill or myself will do our best to write one up.

Thanks,
Evan

Id like to do a review for carb.com and rob. Shoot me an email or something if you want me to write it up first? SR20Fastback@yahoo.com

Allan

Hi Allan,

You can write it up first and email it to me or you can just start a new thread yourself. I can’t imagine having to edit anything from your review so just go ahead and post it in a new thread. And thanks for the contribution Allan. Much appreciated.

Evan

How about a tutorial w/ pictures on one of your items you are creating, preferably something with a complex shape. Complex - will different curves and contour of the perimeter of the item.

:slight_smile:

Thanks!

• Jason

Hey Jason,

I’ll definately try. I am so behind with orders right now that I have to spend the rest of May finishing them up for up coming shows. After that I’ll try and do a write up. Let me know if there’s any part in particular that you are interested in.

Evan

i would like to know how to finish a fiberglass or CF piece. what is involved in “rolling” edges, gel coats, finishing, etc.

oh, btw, hello, i am new.

i think most of us could use a good complete write up on the over all process. From making the inital mold, to getting the mold ready for use, thru making a c/f part from it… Cause there are so many little things that i think a lot of us (defenitly me) are lacking… basically a complete how to make a part reproduction… but like mentioned above not a simple part, something that has curevs and or hard edges…

I’d like info on cutting, and finishing edges. Also, making shapes without a plug or mold. I’d like to do splitters that curve as a first project, but I’m not sure how to go about doing that.

I think a good tutorial for adding parting or bagging flanges onto molds would be good

Haha good try Dustin. I don’t know if I have time for that right now. But we’ll see

oh by the way, 2 thumbs up on the site evan!

I haven’t yet done any projects with composites or fiberglass, etc. i did notice other people in here for automotive exploits as i am. where do i start? and what are the difficulties and solutions unique to exterior/ interior composite fabrication on automobiles? :?

i may have some content on my site that can be used to form an article on fiberglass molds and using infusion to make carbon fiber products. if you need something let me know and ill be glad to help.

Feel free to share brotha 8)

hi guys…is it possible for you guys to get some tutorials on how to make hoods?

i do understand on the top part of the hood…but when it comes down to the inside hood + hinges + joining top hood and frame together…i’m abit on the ‘unaware’ part…

i find myself learning much faster with pictures…(who doesnt lol)…
issues like how to install the fiberglass hook that clips into the radiator support are is good as well…

i have no opportunity at the moment to find a fiberglass hood to observe…
so if anyone here is making a fiberglass or carbon fiber hood in near future…please write an article and take pictures especially the process of making the frame part (together with hinges + clip)
thank you

You should ask vanillacoke. He’s making hoods.

hey evan, how about aero mirrors? :slight_smile:

Why, you got mirrors?

haha
my room has too much of mirrors and i wanna make full use of them :twisted:

is it possible to do aero mirrors with wet layup?

I’m not sure. Never made mirrors before