source for prepreg

Hello,i am looking for a european retailer who will sell small amounts of prepreg - around 10 m2 per order. Not easy composites
As it has only wooven and i want unidirectional.
Could you please help?

Have you looked at Fibreglast?

Yes…2 problems with them…first it ships only wooven and i need uni
and other is that i am in europe…and the are in usa

Sorry, I mentioned the wrong place!

I meant to say Fibermax composites. They are located in Greece.

I buy from them … they dont have open unidirectional at the moment

I haven’t used them personally but looking at PRF Composites website shows that they sell UD prepregs in 10m2 quantities.

Please contact us. We have plain/twill/UD carbon fiber prepregs.
http://www.cacomposites.com/carbon-fiber-prepreg-1.html

Creator,

Where do you get your epoxy resin from? I’m in Cyprus too (Paphos).
Easycomposites doesn’t ship ‘dangerous materials’ and I guess most others suppliers will not as well.

There is a place in limasol harbor if you want bad-quality resin for boats or something …other from that i dont know.
I buy from greece - fibermax , from England - via shipping Companies.
If you need any info message me .

The forum doesn’t allow me to use PM. My acc. is new or something else.

Which shipping companies do you use?

Fibermax charge 50€ extra for shipping resin. So for my order of 300€ (including a small pump) I have to pay 112€ for shipping only.

I’m about to build a bike. Everything should be the best quality.

Do you really think all these bikes being made are using “Top” quality materials? I can’t imagine they do.

With what kind of process?
Prepreg ?
Manual lay up ?
Infusion?

It depends fasta … the last bike i repaired which was a specialized tarmac uses a really really top quality carbon fiber.
Could hear the sound , could feel the drive of the vibrations throughout the hole frame.Really low void content , and really high cf to resin ratio…

Any pre preg would have the same void content (assuming the same bladder process of reasonable pressure) and would also have the same or similar resin content. The fibre quality could be quite different though.

I don’t ride bikes but I repair them all the time for local shops and riders, also doing a Specialized tarmac at the moment.

I use andreou shipping for shipments from england and from Greece anuone…i mean there are dozens so many that i dont remember which one i used last

Try here: http://www.grm-systems.cz/en , they have all materials at good price.

Or make your own. It’s easy.

I started making my own a while ago and find it to be just as good as the pre-made stuff I was buying. In some cases it is better.

There are some pretty good video on YouTube that demonstrate the process.