Some basic questions about CF for project (not exactly sure where to post)

I’m not sure where to post this question since I am only trying to get some answers on rather basic aspects of carbon fiber. I know basically nothing about CF except that it is strong and lightweight, which is what I need for my project. My project is to make a surface tablet holder with mostly carbon fiber and perhaps a few additional plastic parts. I have attached a rough rendering of the basic design. The very bottom section will need to be able to support the whole weight of the tablet which is about 1.75 pounds. In the very middle of the back section of the holder I will be attaching a tripod style connector. The whole thing will be held by an articulating arm.

To be more specific, can I use carbon fiber sheets, or should I use a framework of tubes? If I can use a sheet, how thin can I get it? And can I simply use epoxy to attach the two pieces at the bottom of the main sheet? I will probably be using one 8" x 12" sheet and two 1" x 12" pieces. Alternatively, I might use one angled piece and bond it to the main sheet.