respirator issues .

When i do sanding , laying up whatever i use my respirator which is a nice 3m model without a problem. When i clearcoat though i can smell the smell of the clearcoat or the thinner …which means that the respirator doesnt work … with new filters. So it means it doesnt matter what you wear…something will still get inside you?? And how bad is this something…?

Yeh when I wear my ProChoice respirator I can smell the styrene. When I wear my 3M kit I can’t.

Have you got it done up tight? I find the straps need to be done up so tight that they give me a headache if I wear the respirator for a long time (2+ hours straight).

I put my hands on the filters and suck air ant the respirator does this negative pressure stick so i guess it is ok ?? …?

Check you have the right type of filters. Use one for paints such as 6051, 6055, or 6057. Check out multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/794269O/3m-reusable-respiratory-protection-guide.pdf?fn=3M%20RR%20Protection%20Guide.pdf

A little late on this but in addition to the correct filter, 3M makes respirators in different sizes, small, medium, and large. You need to make sure you have one that fits your face.

There are also fit test supplies that can let you know if it fits and you are using the respirator correctly. It is basically a smell test.