Reinforcement rolling rack......

Ok, I hope this works…here’s my version of a rolling reinforcement made from a modified display rack that was tossed from a dept. store:

Shows us your material rack…and I’m not typing about your wife’s rack…opps.

Hello, I’m new to Compositeforum. I make mostly prototype composite tooling and parts. I made this fabric rack out of steel tube and I’m thinking of marketing it. It would be collapsable for easier shipping,though. It holds 12 bolts of fabric up to 60"wide. and has casters on the bottom.

Looks great but do you have a larger format picture of it? With the large amout of weight on it, will the narrowness of the rack allow it to roll about without topling over?

I guess I over loaded (got to redo the setting of the limit of pictures) my first post…here again:

This one has Fiberglass mat rolls on one side, FG cloth on the other (with Kevlar) and peel ply rolls inside the mat side and vacuum bagging film on the inside for the other side, Breather in the upper center and soon VIP netting (drawing a blank on that stuffs name…) will be added somewhere there soon…Also note the Richmond sign as they donated a bunch of peel pylyand vacuum bagging supplies last year!

You got to have the biggest and baddest casters on them as before I had little high quality ones and the stray fibers just clog the wheels up…

Doesn’t the picture enlarge when you click on it?
The base is wider than the rack and is very stable. I tried to tip it over today and I couldn’t. We’ve made a fold-up version for easy shipping. I’ll post a picture when I’ve painted it.
Great forum, by the way, I’ve learnt a lot.

jjprototype nice rack. How much.

Sorry, I haven’t taken a picture of mine, but if you make a large rolling frame from wood, and then add a pipe floor flange and all the nipples, tees, and street elbows. you can cutom make a rack and change it as you need to. I have 4 rolls per side and it is reinforced diagonally with a 2 x 4 so it has good strength and stability.
I use the same idea for a wall rack and put the floor flanges on the wall so it sticks out from the wall over my cutting table.

This is the prototype made to fold up for inexpensive shipping.
$399 FOB

What ever you do please don’t buy your equipment from Fiberglast… They over price EVERYTHING!

^Yep. I was looking at their setups, I ended up buying from www.warehousefabricsinc.com/fabric-racks.html I picked up one of their A-Frames to start out with. It’s stationary, but I intend to put some tubestock and HD swivel casters under mine.

I couldn’t have imagined buying one from FiberGlast.