recommended process for opaque white resin surf fins

Hey there. I’m in the market for a manufacturer to create generic opaque white resin/fiberglass(no coating) surf fins which will have custom designs applied later by me.

Some manufacturers have commented that it’s simply not possible to create a 100% white resin fin at the thickness I’m after (3.5mm at it’s thinnest) without ugly pin holes. Can someone confirm this or give me suggestions on what I should be asking for?

I’ve attached the image I sent to manufacturers with specs

cheers!
Paul

cant say without doing engineering, but there is a lot of stuff done which is “not possible”:wink:

GMS composites in Melbourne may be able to do something. They make their own pre pregs and their pressed fibreglass pre preg sheet is typically green but they could likely do this sheet in other colours too and to any thickness.

Hi, What’s the reason for a non-gelcoat surface?
What foil are you looking for?
We have injected similar items using an aluminium tool, with a Uni & CFM construction

Ideally I would like three foil types for left, center and right fins. Although I might be able to live with 50/50 on all of them.

The reason for no coating is I’m transferring designs with dye sublimation which I have only had good results directly on resin. It’s the cheapest solution for me to do at home until the business takes off. It also lets me easily do one off designs

Before you ask. I’m not too worried about fading as some of my earliest tests I’ve had on my board for about a year and still looks great