Oven Controllers

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AC-110-240V-PID-Digital-Temperature-Controller-K-ThermoCouple-Senor-25A-SSR-/200911902122?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ec74855aa

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Digital-PID-F-C-SSR-Thermostat-Temperature-Controller-PT100-Thermocouple-Sensor-/360861566129?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item54050684b1

Can someone school me on oven controllers? Which of these do I want?

What’s the difference between them?

Are they junk and should not be used?

Will either one of these work for controlling temperature ramps?

What would be acceptable if not these?

anyone? Please I’m wanting to purchase soon.

You don’t want any of them. Do not safe € or $ at a ramping controller out of china. Most of the time it’s crap. Go for Auber if you want a cheap and reliable ramp PID. If you want high end go for Watlow. You can also find them for under $100 on ebay.

Thank you for your reply. But I’m kinda a novice. I’m using standard oven it’s a 220v powered. How do I choose the correct one? I just need simple ramp/dwell controls nothing fancy. Again thank you.

Your welcome. http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=4. It is the same as I’m using. Works great and is very cheap. Buy a SSR with it on the website, they also sell on ebay. How many Watts are you using ?

Oh boy. I don’t know. But that says it’s for 110v I know the oven runs on 220v. So don’t think this will work. Unless I’m not understanding something.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Never mind. I think I read the wrong one. Thanks for your help. I may ask more one I get to wiring it up.

No problem. Send a pm if you need more info.

sent you a message. thanks.

Well. I finally got around to getting it together. It turns on, seems to work.

I still have to get a fuse for it. I also don’t really get how to program the PID. I also don’t get the heatsink thing. Is it supposed to go on the top of the SSR? Then the plastic cover over everything?

Isn’t there a manual? Usually it’s a pain in the @ss to program those things, untill you get use to the different settings. It doesn’t help that the words on the screen look like russian/chinese/arabic characters too…

about the heat sink, it needs to be connected(to the SSR) to tranfer the heat. There probably needs to be/is reccomended to be applied a special paste too.

Yeah. Ive got some paste and some different heat sinks to choose from. I was just curious as to the attachment point, the top side, which is plastic? Or the bottom flat which is metal. I’ll post a picture of my mounting later.

It has to be mounted on the flat metal back side and don’t put to much paste on it. After that you mount the headsink on something else.

You can find a manual somewhere on this page

http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=4

It is very easy to program if you read the manual correctly.

I’ve attached everything to the front panel. I welded a plate there to attach everything to. I could attach a heat heatsink to the back of the plate and use paste between each piece.

So this thing must get really freaking hot huh?

Also I’ve been reading the manual. It gets pretty deep. I’m pretty simple minded. I think I may have it figured out though. I finally got it to go up in temperature and see the ssr working and felt heat inside.
And most importantly NO factory smoke from any electronic panels or breaker boxes, which is good. It’s hard to get that factory smoke back it once you let it out.

Question, that’s a little off the original topic at hand.

Vacuum hose that is from the auto parts houses around. You think it would be ok to use for vacuuming down stuff? Obviously not in the oven, although the properties say its good to like 257+F. I’ve got a clave hose to use in the oven.

Auto vacuum doesn’t run nearly as deep as what our vacuum pumps pull, but the fiber reinforced auto hoses that I’ve seen should be able to take the pressure difference without a hitch. I don’t see a problem with it.

Yeah, gates hose its redish color, says silicone actually says its good to 204Celsius.

I hope you have shielded the wiring on that relay, otherwise somebody might get a real belt from it !!! :eek: