New writeup?

Hello all - I’m completely new at all of this, but have been poring over anything on the web with “composites” in the title.
I was certain I had seen every useful writeup/tutorial until the other night when I stumbled across this:
http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=660756

Not wanting to be the noob posting “old news”, I searched most of the composite sites I frequent before I posted here and found no mention of it, so my apologies if I’m late to the party.

This cat is completely re-skinning his road racing Mustang in CF. Ambitious to say the least…
Luckily, he’s got that rare combination of mechanical skill plus the ability to clearly write about the process. The entire thread is a good read, but on page 6 he puts together a comprehensive DIY on 2-part moldmaking and the resulting CF layup process.

Link for the lazy

I’m a total rookie, but all my prior research tells me this guys got some decent chops and is doing a bang-up job for his intended goal. I found it very enlightening and it cleared up a LOT of mysteries.

Hopefully I’ve offered something of value with my first ever Werksberg post, because I’m a fixin’ to ask some silly questions out in the forums…you’ve been warned. :smiley:

Welcome to the forums.
That’s Paul Birds build. He was a member here for a while, but then disappeared. Also stopped updating the build thread.

I figured he must have been a member on at least one of the boards - wonder what happened. If his last few years have been like mine, both of our road racing efforts may have suffered the same fate (I sold everything last month:( )
And my build was on the CHEAP. His carbon cost more than 5 full seasons for me…

Oh well - back to racing bicycles. Much cheaper, and maybe I’ll stop getting fat.