New Write Up: Cover your interior wood trims

I’ve been getting so many of these requests that I’m going to start a new project from scratch so everyone can see the steps involved. I don’t know which dash kit I’m going to do yet so we’ll wait on that. Here’s a quick run down of what this process will cover.

Chapter One

a. Introduction
b. Preparation and Evaluation
c. Tools, Materials and Supplies
d. Cautions

Chapter Two

a. Introduction to Basic Plug Building
b. Building and Preparing Plug for Tooling

Chaper Three

a. Introduction to Mold Building (Tooling)
b. Building Mold and Preparing for Layup

Chapter Four

a. Introduction to Layup Processes
b. Production
I. Hand Layup Method or
II. Vacuum Infusion Metho

Chapter Five

a. Post Finish Work and Installation
b. Review & User Comments

Again, I’ll start the tutorial and documentation as soon as the opportunity present itself. Hopefully sooner than later.

evan, tell you what ill LET you do my dash for free just for the sake of the forum. :smiley: :smiley: and ill even offer to pay for shipping. that would just be good showmanship. sound great cant wait to see the tutorial.

lol you will? geez I’m so honored

What does your interior look like?

Hmm…mine would be a good one to do huh Evan? Too bad we didn’t take step by step pix of it…

I have to do some scouting on saturday but if you are available sunday you can come over and we’ll take a look into your dash.

Yeah Tony, we also didn’t build the stinking flange :lol:

Any news on this write up? Im hoping that you were able to get this done. My plan is to make a set for my car when I get good enough working with cf. That way I can say I did it myself and Ill save myself a few hundred dollars in the process.

Spoon,

I haven’t found a donor so no go yet for now. I’m not about to rip out my own interior pieces for this project. Oh wait, I don’t even have a car. :lol:

Evan

Evan,

I’ll be the donor…

I’m building a show car/track car…
I want to do the interior… If you need parts, I’ll ship it to ya… I been also wanting to learn myself…

Pics of my car: http://www.cardomain.com/id/herblenny

PHILIP SOHN
President of Mazda Rotary Car Club of Alabama
www.MRCCAL.com

Herbie (sorry, I make air cooled VW parts and I also did the PC windows in the new Herbie movie coming out this next summer…), Evan is out of the country for a few more weeks.