New guy from West Oz

Hey guys - ambitious newbie here
I have joined to absorb some quality advice and feedback on a global scale
I have an old 1969 Camaro - setup Pro-Touring style - that I’m going to retro some cool carbon - carbon/kevlar parts on to (I do ‘track’ the car occasionally, so the lightweight panels will be of advantage as well as gorgeous to the eye)
I’ve begun to reverse mould some of the panels and will share my success/failure & frustrations as they unfold
Cheers
Justin

Hi Justin,

Nice to see another WA member on here! Where abouts are you based? If you track the car occasionally then I guess you are near enough Wanneroo or Collie?

Looking forward to seeing what projects you undertake, most of my work has been on vintage era cars although I haven’t done any Camaro’s.

Thanks Hanaldo,

Based up near Wanneroo - although hoping to hit a race event in Collie also, next April (even though the car is in pieces at the moment :eek:)

We’ve started reverse moulding, with gelcoat/FG, the front spoiler, the front lower valance, bumper and bonnet & tackling the inner/outer guards now - this step seems to be going ok, with great detail reproduction - however, very time consuming (but I figure that great prep breeds great results)

But I’ll admit that my novice status has me a little wary with laying carbon, and have limited myself to the small front spoiler, whilst I attempt to hone any techniques. Wet layup has left mixed results, but have got hold of a vac pump to progress into the vac bagging world, and upgrading to West products

Would love to see some of your projects, I have an unhealthy passion for all classic/vintage era cars :smiley: