MTI hose

Roto… Warming the molds in an oven after spraying freekote works good too.

Then lightly apply a layer with cotton ball is like magic!!!

The MTI hose can be used for many applications. Using it in combination with prepregs is also possible. So you can realize a lower fiber to volume ratio and produce better surfaces. You can also use it in the RTM process. You can press the air out but no resin. So it is possible to work with high presures in the RTM process without pressing resin out of the mould.
@rotorage: nice results. You can also infuse across, it does not make a difference. If you infuse bigger parts you can save time by infusing from the middle.

http://www.ecfibreglasssupplies.co.uk/p-2196-vms2-resin-barrier-vacuum-line.aspx

Is this wat you plase the resin inlet on ?

I did not knew that product. It seems to be like our product the MTI hose, but it is flat and only one side has a membrane. I think it is not pliable.
You can not place the resin inlet on that tube, it seems to be also resin impermeable than the MTI hose.

The VMS2 resin barrier works kind of in reverse to the MTI hose. It’s used for the vacuum line outlet and draws resin inwards towards it where MTI hose draws it outwards from an inner resin feed. You’ll need a resin feed (spiral wrap may be) on the flang of the mould. I beleive a catch pot is not required.
It’s supplies on a roll and required amounts are sliced off leaving open ends which need to be sealled using VMS2 sealing tape.

DDcompound, any chance you can supply me with a sample of your MTI hose please? Im unable to PM you for some reason. Can i email my details to you?
Thanks

r0bsk1, if you try PM’s now it should work. Give it a shot

Good work canyon. Now works

Brainstorm - Here is a pic of the Enka flow Jacket. It’s basically flow media in a sock.

Still eagerly waiting for my sample

It should arrive within the next days, if not write a pm and i will send a new one.

Haa whats the yellow is it a fitting thats used with it.

It’s actually yellow double sided bag tape that holds the intake hose open where I banana cut the end. Only about 1/4" piece needed for each side.

Seems like a great product, i would love to try a sample for my shop. I think my post count is too low to send PM. Any other way to get in contact with you about a sample? Very interested.

4x4max, I’ve activated PM’s for your account. Let me know if you have any other problems.

Thank you Canyon, the PM worked!

Did everybody get his sample? Has anybody elsetested the MTI hose?

I got my sample and I passed along some of it to Bryanhaj as well. Haven’t had a chance to use it yet since I’m out of resin but I’m gonna give this a shot the next time I have to lay up specimens.

Very sorry, I forgot to thank you for the sample. I have some new projects coming up so I’ll get the chance to use the material.
Thank you, Ro Yale

Hey, first-poster here.

Been lurking for awhile and have learned many things. I’ve actually never produced a carbon or glass fiber part, but have been wanting to for a long time. Tomorrow I go to see one of the few suppliers in this country… I’m so excited! I’ll start building molds and such in a short time. After reading and watching videos for months, I finally feel ready to take on the challenge. This forum is a great place.

It seems like this MTI hose is the way to go. Since I’m a newbie, and have no clue what I am doing I think eliminating possible errors would be a good thing, and the MTI seems to do just that.

I would very much like a sample, but can not send PM’s

I would love to try this out! I am making the carbon bodies for the Saker GT, Rapx, and Sniper race cars. Some of these body molds are quite large and it would be great to skip the breather/bleeder. I use carbon and kevlar, soric xf as a core, and more carbon. The soric provides a great flow medium so it sounds like this MTI hose would let me skip the bleeder completely which results in far less waste and expense.

This is my first post here so I can’t send PM. My email is jimtremayne@gmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you.