Lower prepreg price

We have just lowered the price on our small quantities of carbon fiber prepreg. Cure temp as low as 180F. www.avtcomposites.com

Can you guys do 6k and 12k carbon in pre preg? How about glass too?

BTW your prices seem great. I’m moving back to Chicago shortly and can’t wait to order. Do you allow local pickup?

Hi
This prepregs 180f temperature are they OOA or need autoclave?
Thanks

Right now all we have is what is on the website. There is not enough demand for 6k and 12k material. Really not enough demand for prepreg glass either.
Local pickups are absolutely OK. Just place the order first so we can get it ready for you.
All our prepreg is a hot melt process material and I would guess 90%+ gets used OOA.
Of course the results vary with the user.:slight_smile:

What does any of that mean? I’ve never really studied pre pregs… But the new facility I’m moving to has space to build a nice oven for curing and post curing.

What would be the optimum cure schedule for your pre pregs? Is it compatible with Duratech coatings?

Hot melt means the resin is heated before it is applied to the fabric. This allows the use of resins that are solids at room temp which usually have better properties. In the past a lot of prepreg had the solid resin dissolved in a solvent which was evaporated off after application. This method is still used but not much in a world where VOCs are bad.

Typical cure schedule is 3-5 degreesF/minute ramp to a minimum of 180 degreesF hold for 4 hrs and ramp down at the same rate. Or you can take it to 250 degreesF for 1 hr. It depends on the desired result.

Hi John,

We do supply 6k and 12k prepregs. Also deal in glass fiber prepreg.
The 12k carbon fiber prepregs are mostly Unidirectional but also available in plain and twill weaves. Commonly sold are 400 gsm and 600 gsm in the plain/twill category. The UD 12k are available in 150, 200 and 300 gsm. The 6k is available in 320 gsm.
Resin content vary from 30-48%. Here’s the link to our website:
http://www.cacomposites.com/carbon-fiber-prepreg-1.html

Cacomposites- seriously? Hijack this guy’s thread? Tact!