looking for composits training in utah, usa

I’m really looking to visit shops and business involved in the composites industry. I work for a large prepreg manufacturing company I’m sure you all know of. Well in this part of the industry the ability to learn anything above impregnating carbon/ glass/kevlar is just not available to me and quitting my job to try going out on my own is not something I can do. Family, kids and mortgage requires me to stay put until the time is right.

If you are in a situation where I might be able to visit your shop and possibly help out for a few days to better my knowledge and see what process it involves to make a mold all the way to the finished product. I’m doing this all on my own and will travel anywhere I need to. I’m not a rookie but really need to see what is at the next level, I will help, learn, and appreciate every second of any opportunity available to me.

There is no opportunity to small, so if you are in a position and think you might be able to help me learn or just get a idea what is involved . There is no real way I could repay but I will help in the shop the entire time. Thanks for reading and looking forward to hearing from some or any of you. Thanks again.

Contact me through private message.

Hey Mountainman - I’m new to the forum and this is a very late reply. I am in a similar situation where I get to see how materials are manufactured from carbon fiber (fabrics, SMC, etc.) but do not see how they are used in composites.

Just curious if you ended up finding a place to get some composite experience in.

If any of you need carbon and aramid based composites then please contact me: neal@cacomposites.com