Leonar3Do

Found this today, http://www.dump.com/2010/11/30/leonar3do-the-virtual-reality-kit-video/ . Looks like 3D is more then just video games and movies. I wonder what 3D/CAD software will be like if Dassault Systems or Autocad got there hands on this technology and fine tuned it.

On the subject of 3D, does anyone have a 3D TV/Computer or use one? I never have tried and wonder how quality the picture is compared to actually HD in 2D.

I don’t own one but I got the chance to check it out at Costco. The picture quality looked great as did the 3D. What didn’t though was the pricetag for the TV or the glasses. Apple just filed a patent for a 3d projector that doesn’t require glasses though so that might be the next big thing.

Quite a few companies are already using 3D CAD analysis. Some of my customers have design rooms set up with special projector screens for viewing the “inside” of components or assemblies using the 3D glasses.
I have a new 3D tv at home and it’s just like at the movie theater. Still have to use the glasses and look foolish!

ughh, those glasses give me a eye-headache.

I am interesting in 3D scanning objects that can then be input into machine code. and perhaps the company purchased from will train?

Are you talking about the new electronic glasses or the old red/blue plastic ones?