lamina technical properties

My questions apply to technical parameters of lamina/laminate. Trying to play with Ansys ACP module. I couldn’t find there the way to determine properties of lamina if I have - as an input - technical parameters of fibers and matrix separately. I think I have to calculate it in other way and then write into Ansys material database. Would be appreciated for suggestion regarding following matters:

1.   1.Source of fiber’s technical properties. Could You recommend any? I would like to determine properties of woven Kevlar49/Vinylester  and S-2 Glass/Vinylester.  I know matweb, but couldn’t find there some important informations such as transverse modulus of fibers.

2.   2.How to calculate properties of lamina composed of woven fabric and matrix? All sources I’ve found describe micromechanics formulas for calculating UD layers + matrix. Shall I treat for calculations woven fabric just like 2 separate UD plies with specified angle? Are there any factors for weave type?

Lamina technical parameters are normally straight forward to predict (to possibly 85% accuracy theoretically) through simple calcs. Im guessing this is only a starting point is it?
Use the rule of mixtures to get starting properties. Search on google or check this good powerpoint for example:
http://www.swcompositesgateway.co.uk/Property-Prediction.pdf

Technical data for your fibres and your resin should be available through your material supplier. If you cant find transverse properties of the fibres estimate 10% as a starting point perhaps of in-plane properties.

Vf can be obtained through knowledge of the process you are using.

Woven composites are more complex – what weave are you planning on using?

Best way of course is to test it.

Lamina technical parameters are normally straight forward to predict (to possibly 85% accuracy theoretically) through simple calcs. Im guessing this is only a starting point is it?
Use the rule of mixtures to get starting properties. Search on google or check this good powerpoint for example:
http://www.swcompositesgateway.co.uk/Property-Prediction.pdf

Technical data for your fibres and your resin should be available through your material supplier. If you cant find transverse properties of the fibres estimate 10% as a starting point perhaps of in-plane fibre dominated properties.

Vf can be obtained through knowledge of the process you are using.

Woven composites are more complex – what weave are you planning on using?

Best way of course is to test it.

Thank You for useful instruction - calculating of UD laminas and laminates composed of UD laminas are now much more clear for me. However still have same problem - how to estimate elastic and strength properties for woven fabrics. If anyone knows some methods, formulas, sources - will be appreciated for help.

Yes, it is starting point. I need laminas properties (E, G, Nu, Tensile, Compression and Shear strenghts - in 3 directions) as an imput values for ANSYS material database for futhter calculations.

S-2 glass, in co0mmon with other glasses used to make reionforciong fibers, is isotropic, so the transverse modulus of the filaments will be the same as the longitudinal modulus.
This is not true of aramod or carbon fibers.