How many days it will likely be forEaster vacation in North European countries?

Do most people get the Mon after Easter off from work in large businesses? Is that a regular paid holidayfor work that givepaid holidays?

Sometimes it employers will pay for the Friday before or the Monday after a Sunday holiday. Most employers don’t though. Like my last employer… we got 7 paid holidays… Easter not being one of them because it falls on a Sunday.

7 holidays i was paid for at most all companies i worked at:

Christmas Day; New years day; 4th of July; Labor Day; Thanksgiving day; and 2 others that i don’t recall off hand.

Employers are not required to pay for any holidays in the USA. They are only required to pay 5 vacation days IF you work a full time schedule year round.

In New Zealand we get the Friday and Monday off, paid too.

Plus we get Chrismas day, Boxing day, New Years and the 2nd, Waitangi Day (kinda like 4th of July), ANZAC day (remembering solders), Queens Birthday, Labour day (celebrating the 40hr work week) and there is a regional holiday too. If any, except ANZAC day, fall on a weekend it is moved to the Monday so you always get the day off.

So that’s 11 statutory days which you get paid for. And some people think we should have more.