Happy to pay for LRTM consulting if anyone can offer me it

I saw some forum rules here said, “Don’t PM anyone asking to pay for consulting. We have professionals employed to answer questions publically on the forum”.
Ok, but I posted my first question 48 hours ago…no answers.

I am hunting for consulting. Free or paid. I need it.

It is weekend. People do fun things in the weekend. Like the honey-do list…

What is the Honey-Do? Some new composites process? Or you translating a dutch phrase to english? :slight_smile:

Ok, I will go read every post on the forum this week then come back with mroe educated questions. I even posted a topic about FEM in the wrong category because I hadn’t even bothered looking at the Engineering Category which would have answered my own question.

Cheers,
PopTopMan.

More an American term for the list that your honey gives you to do this weekend. Like groceries, fix the sink, vacuum clean the house, wash the car, water the plants, etc. This list usually is several feet long, and keeps you busy at all times.

Read the posts, there is a ton of information here. If you ask specific questions, you will get specific answers. A picture or 2 usually helps.

Ok this is the original plug I built -
http://clip2net.com/clip/m178491/1377066212-clip-39kb.jpg
That file original is in CATIA V5 20
Video of the plug finished - [ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG-cUBW0h1U”]Finished PatternIMG_4674 - YouTube[/ame]
Video of the resulting mould and a few products pulled from it -
[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b-HVYvvHs8”]mould - YouTube[/ame]
(Mould has PVA residue on it and needs a pass with 1200 sanding.)

You can see all RTM considerations were accounted for in shaping the plug. (flange, inner-outer radii…)

So far have only tried layup with 4-5 laminates of 450gram CSM. Not happy with strength still.

I want to build the lid for LRTM/VARTM and cheapest set-up I can build for the vacuum and resin injection.

I have alot of questions. One is whether I can do a few vacuum-bag infusions first to decide on the ideal composite sandwich and then miss the step of using Freeman Wax sheets by instead leaving the vacuum-bagged product in the mould, sanding and priming it to Class A finish and then build the counter-mould over it.
Importing Freeman for this to Brasil is about $3000US for the amount I need and import taxes…

I saw your other thread as well as this one. One thing I noticed is that you said you were not happy with the strength. Do you mean strength or are you really talking about stiffness?

Yeh stiffness. I was hoping first just get a guess from guys in here, you will remember other things you had built similar size and function and will have a good guess.

I also have this product in 3D in CATIA, as well as the mould.

I want this product have been designed well foundationally because plan on pumping out alot of them.

Stiffness mostly relates to shape and thickness. However, changing laminate schedule can help somewhat.

As for first infusing under film: Yes, that works, but you will get a more or less different result, depending on setup.

I suggest for your tests, use the same LRTM mat (do you use rovicore?) and use a low vacuum (-0,6 bar or so) or you will compress the LRTM mat.

Now you can decide which glass you will be using, to get a desired thickness / stiffness. Also keep in mind that the part might not be stiff, but once mounted it most probably will hold.

For the top mould get one of your best laminators, and get him to add CSM450 layers up to the desired thickness. Every layer will give you 1mm of thickness. When done with care thickness variations should be minor. This will save you from ordering wax, but will add labour for getting the surface right.

Also keep your molds in a high polished state, to improve longevity. Let the guys that do the demoulding, also do the waxing. (preferably semi perm). These are the guys that know the difficult spots, and can tell when a new layer of wax or semi perm is needed.

“do you use…”

I dont use anything I have never done a vacuum job before. I know I can do it from a good consultant with his fingers on good videos.
I already paid out $1000US for 5 hours to build all I have built so far.
I have budget enough to pay for more consulting rather than pay someone to do the whole thing and then become their dependent.

I also have enough money to pay for you to plan what I order and then when it arrives in Foripa you fly over and watch over the project and all its bitches while scouting about the beach and seeing with your own eyes why I live in Floripa.

*“You” being anyone who doesnt have a wife because I cant afford her and also, she will not enjoy the trip because Floripa has become the island of residency for almost every supermodel in the world.

How do you get the best RTM…

Ok this is good material below and above. I am looking at it now. That is good news about avoiding the Freeman wax.

Ok can sacrifice class A finish. I am also confused about gelcoat curing time.
There is good video on youtube of what I guess is a VARTM/LRTM mould. I love their system if I could pop them out like that -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWUxhC6-q0c
“This video shows a simple closed mould vacuum process, this technique is more beneficial to the GRP moulder if runs from 100+ are needed, expected life of tooling 3,000 - 5,000 lifts.
During an eight hour cycle 7 parts can be produced, depending upon complexity of moulding.”

Dear Poptop man, I have done everything you saying an now flew to Florianoplis to fight and make us billionaires in South America.

There are supermodels everywhere. How do I know which one are their mothers?

Dear poptopman, thankyou for your question.

When you have a billions dollars it doesnt matter if she is a supermodel or not. Your simply being in public with her and put in the newspapers makes her a supermodel .

It is the same thing with the RTM modellors who are going to make you the billinoaire in the first place.

For example , if the NSA can see I am having email exchanges with their competitors and Obama wants to invade Brasil, its not all looking good for me is it? If I assassinate the key players in the NSA< throw them out of a plane, then how is my business looking now?

They say Obama will get you.

But mr Poptopman, if nobody can hear them screaming as we throw them off the plane then how can Obama hear them?

Maybe the composites industry isn’t for you? If you can’t handle help us throw Obama’s executives out of coporate jets and watching them scream like little bitches all the way to the bottom that, “Obama will get you for this!” and then us laughing and cackling while laying all the supermodels in Floripa then maybe the Composites Industry isnt for you?

But if you throw them out of the plane everyone will know, the NSA will know!!!

You dont get me do you?

You are on a plane to Floripa, a private jet and everyone talking big about Kombi poptops and how they are going to cause a murderous revolution in Brasil and bla bla you grab them with a fíng knife to their throat and open the door after having strapped yourself in and then the only people left in the cabin is you and the pilots. All the passengers except for you GONE.
So, who then is arriving in Floripa to take over the entire composites industry starting with Kombi poptops? YOU ARE idiot! YOU, alone!

WHich part of that dont you get?

I have to spell it out to you? When the plane lands the pilots have to report the casualties and you were the lucky survivor who was strapped in. All the slut stewardesses and the slut NSA guys all flew out the window mate.

Obama cant go out in front of international news agencies and accuse you of having killed them all. So, he sends over CIA regiment but takes them 30 days and by that time you can buy them because the poptops from your RTM mould are flying out the door!!!

I dont understand which part of it you dont get??? Its like you are mentally retarded. Like a spastic, an idiot. A moron. Like a total fing vegetable. Like which part dont you get about how to be a billionaire in the composites industry?

I have an even better idea. You fly over here, throw all the NSA off the plane, tell Obama go F himself, sleep with all the supermodels, then go home?

“Also keep your molds in a high polished state, to improve longevity. Let the guys that do the demoulding, also do the waxing. (preferably semi perm). These are the guys that know the difficult spots, and can tell when a new layer of wax or semi perm is needed.”

Other guys? Do you let another guy sleep with your girlfriend? I lock my bitch up in a 22ft container.