Favorite Car?

What’s your favorite car? Ever built composite parts for one?

I’m almost at the point where i want to start a car project ( not necessarily making composite body panels).

A good friend of mine in highschool got me started into cars… VW’s to be specific. I learned a lot of stuff from wrenching on those cars.

First cars i owned:

1971 Type 3 VW squareback ( lowered, dual carbs, we changed out the cylinder head to repair the engine).
1971 VW Type4 squareback ( awesome engine, but ugly car… same engine as the Porsche 914)
1971 VW Karman Ghia ( never ran for me, but i rebuilt the entire engine and sold it to some guy for his sandrail. I straightened the body panels on 2/3rds of the car… the front clip was gone from an accident, i tore the dash padding off and filled in and smoothed the dash and got it ready for paint. I also spent time cleaning the underside of the car from all the road grime, left the pan alone though).
1970 VW Squareback, fully custom body, lowered, empi 8-spike wheels painted to match, with chrome knock-offs, rebuilt the engine) The roof was cut off, and filled in the gaps, custom made windshield made from Lexan.
1980 Piece of Pontiac crud was next car, i did nothing to it but change the broken flexplate.

1982 Mustang fox body, race tweeked suspension up front, changed to 17x8 wheels and tires, added a decent stereo system, limo tinted windows with black cherry pearl paint, added a 1987 LX spoiler on the back, changed the tail lights to 93 Cobra lights, Recarro seats. about all with that car then it died.

1989 LX Mustang 5.0, all stock, but the wheels from the last mustang i swapped on it. Just upgraded the ignition system a little. sold it.

Now… my bike 95 CBR900RR.

So now i’m wanting to do a custom car. Not a full rotiserie job, i want a street going daily driver. I’m thinking a sport compact or maybe a 60’s hot rod. but those are very costly and hard to find in good enough condition. So probably a sport compact or maybe a full size Chevy truck… not sure.

go with the 98 240 sx

I <3 my race/drift car

However, after that would be a McLaren F1

Air cooled VW’s have been in wy blood since I was wee lad, I can’t remember how many my father owned. The one I remember most is his 71 bus, we just about lived in that thing.
So needless to say my first car was a 71 super beetle. My father bought it for my sisters in high school, after the three of them drove it in to the ground I got what was left of it. From there I’ve owned…
69 VW Karman Ghia (only had it for about year, worked on it and sold it)
78 VW Convertible bug (had it for about 3 years restored it and sold it)
79 VW Convertible bug (I still have this one and will never sell it)
88 Ford F250 4x4 (first and last new car/truck I ever bought from the dealer, had it for 10 years it had 240,000 miles on it with no major problems)
71 Type 3 VW squareback (all original sold it to my future son in-law)
98 Ford F150 (sold it when I got my F350)
2000 F350 PSD 4X4 (this is my dally driver, I make my own Biodiesel for it and also converted to run on used veggie oil)
90 Suzuki Samurai 4X4 (lifted, locked, crawler that I kick my buddy’s jeep’s butt with)

As for parts, I’ve made all kinds of parts for aircooled VW’s. From running boards to roof spoilers to type 4 engine shrouds, just about everything, but no hoods and fenders.

Whilst i dont own one, it has to be Aerial Atom!

Now thats a car!

The Atom looks like a fun car. Reminds of what a few companies are doing with sportbike powerplants… like the T-rex and a few other makes. Although i personally wouldn’t choose a sportbike egine for a car… not enough torque. The honda VTEC engine looks like a good one though.

It’s funny Hojo mentioned the 240sx… i was thinking about one of those.

It’s funny Hojo mentioned the 240sx… i was thinking about one of those.[/QUOTE]

ha, its not funny, its common sense