Economy Sucks

I’m sure by now everyone is feeling the effects of this world economy?

I’ve personally applied for over one hundred jobs and haven’t had but two interviews, one i tossed for the heck of it because i wasn’t too interested in wood working or doing it on a second shift. I heard today Boeing is going to be laying off ten thousand workers soon - ten percent of it’s workforce. Aerospace was one of the industries that wasn’t being hurt by the economy until as of the past couple weeks. The one nice thing about aerospace is where I live there are many of those types of jobs. Sadly most only want to hire engineers currently.

How is the economy affecting you?

Hang in there guy!

Since most of you know my situation:

Been in business now 32 years

16 years ago I took over a run down Fiberglass and Plastics ROP (Calif. state funded job training classes for High school and adult students) and spent 14 years building it up to state of the art processes including Composites, Carbon Fiber pre-pregs, vacuum bagging, to just getting a state of the art 50 ton injection molding machine from a medical clean room.

Then 2 years ago came the school cutbacks (Thanks Gov. terminator Arnold) and I was back stabed from the GGROP director…as he wanted all HS students to pass rather or not they did the work or not. But My name was on the line when they would go out and try to get a job in the plastic industry and didn’t crap about plastics.

During most of those 14 years I let the business run itself in the back ground as we ROP teachers only would get a smeseter by semester contract and I wanted the business as a back up plan. Good thing I did…

Now to reinvent / rebuild the business again…:o

I have had to go into other directions with the business (going from my own designed & made products to reselling hard parts and more) avenues and looking at more than just Air Cooled VW parts to include water cooled parts (Rabbit, Scirocco and Jettas) and more…

Hang in there everyone in the USA, “BO” is going to get it done! :cool:

Just get the media to stop with the “The Sky is falling, the sky is falling…” let’s hear we are stepping forward and on to greater things!

I respectufully disagree about Obama… he isn’t really getting much done. Not saying that is completely his fault… but I’m sure everyone here in the US could have thought of better ways to stimulate the economy than he has. The only thing I give him praise for is extending unemployment benefits. If it were not for that i would be completely broke now and still without a paying job.

Arizona is absolutely terrible right now for jobs. Jobs that did offer $15 to $20 an hour are now outsourcing to job search agencies who will only pay $10-$13 an hour for those same jobs. Arizona does cater strickly to businesses and f*cks the wage earner. Tax cuts for businesses, right to work state, business’s have the most of the laws written in their complete favor here. It’s really screwed if you don’t own a business. Arizona recently hit " the most vacated state" designation in the United States. People loose their job here, their home from forclosure and they figure … ’ it’s a good time to leave this hell hole’.

I do keep positive thus far besides my expressing the truth sometimes. I plan on relocating to Oregon or Washington once I am back on my feet.

And those so called green energy jobs… ??? where the hell are they… they are in Arizona, BUT if you are not an engineer or have more than 5 years experience running industrial power lines and grids, you can forget about getting one of those jobs because other than those “green” jobs no others in that industry exist here.