Curing Oven Purchasing Advice Needed.

Hey folks,

I’m in the final stages of ordering an 8X8X16 curing oven from Wisconsin Oven. Can anyone give me some advice as to what sort of negotiating I can expect off their MSRP?

If I could find the right used oven in South Florida, I’d be willing to look at that, too.

Cash in hand!

Thanks everyone!!!

Alan

Building one yourself an option ? It’s prety easy and you can build it to your own specs. Google for powder coating oven.

Full sized for whole car… What is the list price from Wisconsin oven ? 12k-15k?

Building one myself is an option if I can get a detailed build sheet. I’m looking to make the switch to prepreg to replace VARTM. We have the VARTM process down to very few families and as little air as possible, but it’s just too slow a process to make parts in any sort of volume.

For an 8 X 8 X 16, Wisconsin oven wants almost $70k.

Oh, and it’s not for a car, yet. Right now, I just need it to make a LOT of parts at once.

We specialize in exotic automotive parts and our demand far outpaces our supply. Vacuum infusion isn’t getting the job done.

Check out these guys:

http://www.delta-h.com/industrial-heat-treating/industrial-composite-walk-in-ovens/

They sell highly modular ovens that are far, farrrr cheaper than most of the standard makes. Wisconsin was definitely the most expensive when I did quoting a couple of months ago. These guys were far cheaper - including flat bed freight we were looking at an 8x8x25ft and it was coming in at around 40k so I’d imagine that you’d be able to get yours for ~25-30k

Thanks Craj

I’ll call them now.

Only off by $55k :slight_smile:

I’m hoping I can buy either one big (8x8x16) or two small (8x8x8) ovens and get moving.

I’ve called Delta twice and can’t get a call back.

How do these people stay in business?