Controlling the Vacuum

Do you use the 20 dollar vacuum switch? I ordered one, but did not like the huge and unpredictable hysteresis.

I thought I would share the vacuum system I built a couple of years ago. It is based on the joewoodworker.com plans. I scored the Gast 1023 series rotary vain pump new on ebay for $200. They sell for over $900. I used a Harbor Freight roll cart, a Harbor Freight paint pot for the combination resin degas chamber/resin catch pot, a couple of air tanks meant for automotive air horns or air bags for the vacuum reservoirs, a small fire extinguisher for the sub reservoir, and an electrical elbow to house the pressure switch, relay, circuit breaker, and the power switches. One switch allows it to run using the pressure switch, the other is an unregulated ON switch. Gauges, pressure switch, relay, and some fittings were purchased from verneersupplies.com. The reinforcing panel for the pump shelf and the brackets were all made by hand out of aluminum. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to use it as “life happened” and I haven’t had the money to continue my pursuit of composites manufacture.

, , , , , , , , ,

I finally got mine working properly. http://youtu.be/IYuz623iDKI

Bump

Anyone else got new setup’s Looking at going automated like some of these setups. Over checking my setup over and over again LOL.

Would anyone change there setups or do things differently?