composite job in southern california

Are there any good site where i can find composite jobs in southern California? What will be a good position if I also have BS in electrical engineering?

Terrible time right now to apply for technician level composite jobs in So Cal. Most places are either in a hiring freeze or will continue to have lay offs this year. Some places in the country are actually desperate for these applicants though.
If you’re looking into higher level management or engineering, those are available. Bring some good experience and impressive background to the table, and I can steer you toward some possibilites.

About that engineering and management.
I’m a third year mechanical engineering student looking for a summer internship/part time job? Do you think I’d find any jobs?

It’s going to be tough. Most companies don’t even have free work to give now!
Just apply to as many places that you can. Hit up composite structure manufacturers and defense contractors. The other thing to remember is that a lot of companies are dealing with secretive projects and are cautious about anybody coming in.

Are there any in Califonia that you would recommend? I know a lot of companies are moving manufacturing out of CA but I’m hoping there are a few opportunities left around here.

Canyon, try stopping by at Cerritoes college composites classroom as they always have a board with companies looking for employees.

I guess I’ll have to post up the last composites job opening list if I can find it in my deleted mail.

Thanks again, canyon for the loan of a spare computer as my main one is back & up and running.

New laptop still sucks having a bad USB port! maybe Sears will be getting it back…:rolleyes:

No problem. I hope it helped. If you need any computer advice in the future feel free to askme.
My friend goes to Cerritos college every friday so I’ll ask him to take a look. Thanks for the tip!

BMW is supposedly opening a carbon fiber composites plant in the USA. from what i heard ( maybe rumors?) they want to keep cost down on materials and the USA is now the place for them to achieve that goal. I have not heard anything else. If you have… post up your finds :slight_smile:

There are only a few large composite companies hiring currently. I would say but i don’t need more competition lol.

Haha, well if it helps you feel better I’m a student and I’ve got a few years to go. Your job is safe for another 3 or 4 years

It was a space company so whomever landed the job must be making some cool stuff. I never heard back from them, but that’s ok :slight_smile: I know in Florida Sikorsky or one of the helicopter companies was hiring a couple months ago at least, for a composites tech.

I gave up looking for outside employment. I just stepped up my marketing and sales for my own small business. I’m hoping to get into a shop by next week.

Sorry to hear that. Someone with your skills will be hired more easily though. Good luck with your business