Composite 101, 102, Advanced guide

http://www.fiberglasstechnique.com/
Is it any good.
Do you think it’s worth the bucks?
Thanks guys!

You can’t beat free consultation :cool:

I’ll have to go back and read up on the site to see what it is all about.

Ok, after reading up on it, the thing I DON’T like about that printed course is they don’t seem to emphasize vacuum bagging technique. To me at least 25% of making a quality composite part is in the technique of vacuum bagging. They seemed to say vacuum bagging requires practice. They just claimed they were going to save the buyer money on supplies. How are they going to do that if they don’t spend at least 25% of their guides teaching proper vacuum bagging techniques? Also I am a bit concerned the information is not as in depth or thourough as it should be. But all in all for $65 I would say it is worth it for a beginner.

We should have some people here demonstrate in a photo diagram proper vacuum bagging with different mold shapes. Also i know myself in the begging of mold design I was doing it wrong. I had sharp flange edges right at the “part line” of my molds. This causes the vacuum to lock down the laminate stack to the flange and prevents it from being completely laid down nicely against the mold surface. Good mold design can remedy that problem. I would be willing to do that, but i’m not making composite parts at least for the next few months :frowning: ( pitty party - get out the violin and cheese :smiley:

Sounds like another potential customer for the “Pay For View Classroom”
Me too.
Waiting to hear when the spots are available.:confused:
Cheers - Jim

I have bought this pdf book and is nothing special, only the basics in composites the same informations you can read on this forum or over the internet.

What about the Pay per View content of this forum?
Can i have a sample?