Completed oven build

IMG_2950.JPG

IMG_2951.JPG

IMG_2952.JPG

IMG_2955.JPG

IMG_2958.JPG

All components are new except the PID
and the build cost less than £200

Im in the process of building one myself. How many cubic feet inside is yours. What wattage heating elements?

It’s about 5 or 6 cubic feet inside, and the elements are 1000w

that looks nice, do you have a lot of heat loss from the metal? No convection fans?

I just cured some stuff in my ‘oven’ which is really some piece of rigid insulation taped together. Heated up easily using heatguns and PID, no problems maintaining 230-250F cure temp.

was a lot easier than I thought it would be.

Nice work! and Happy curing!

I have 30mm Rockwool insulation in there now, you can see it on the last picture.

The outside stays cool to the touch

I have improved the control box too so there’s more ventilation to the SSR

My oven is 120x50x50 cm, I use a 1000W heating element, but I use also a convection fan inside…the fan is inside, the elecrical motor is outside

I’ve seen something like this before, do you have a shaft going through the wall if the oven?

the wall is less 1mm of thickness. I drilled the wall with a hole a little bigger than the shaft. I remove the fan from the engine, put the shaft in the hole and remounted the fan. In this way, the fan is inside, the engine is outside at the room temperature

Any pictures?

looks very tidy and neat

What did you do with the vents on the doors? Did you just put the rockwool in front of them or are they sealed up?

Hi, just lined the doors with rock wool, no need to block the vents.

Where are you guys getting your Rockwool?

I need enough to line a 48" cube. Starting small, but once this works, I’m going to build an 8’ x 8’ x 10’oven.