Catch Pots in Australia

Hi Everyone,

I am just after your input on a small issue we have.
We are gearing up to manufacture and retail some resin infusion catch-pots (degas chambers coming soon also!)

We are currently looking at two potential sizes for catch pots:

[ul]
[li]100mm ID x 150mm high > for around $150 AUD each, inc GST[/li][li]150mm ID x 200mm high > for around $180-$200 AUD each, inc GST[/li][/ul]
We understand that the common size sold is the smaller one, however we feel that the larger version would give you a little more versatility, such as the ability to degas small amount of resin.

Please let us know which one you guys would each prefer and why?

Give us some feedback so we can get these into production!

P.s We are based in Australia, but are able to send these around the world if required! We can also custom manufacture larger sizes if required.

Cheers!

Elite Composites
www.elitecomposites.com.au

To be honest if I had the option, I would opt for the smaller one. Simply because 150mm is still too small to be of any real use in degassing, and I often have to move my catch pot around so I prefer the compactness. If I was going to pay extra for a chamber I wanted to use to do any sort of degassing, then it would be a chamber large enough to degass a decent amount of resin. Otherwise the smaller the better.

Wondering why you would have a pot that is too small for degassing. A hobbyist will want a multi use pot - de-gas and catch-pot. Other wise they have to buy two pots. A professional will have at least two pots, but same deal… multi use. You can never have a pot that is too big, but you can have one that is too small.

Because storage space is an issue.

Well I have to admit I never thought of that … lol