Carbon fuel tank Gsxr 1000 2009 / 2015

Made a new carbon fuel tank a few weeks ago. Made it with infusion and the total weight is just under 2000 gram. I used a new 245 gr/m2 fabric and I love it. At the moment I’m making a fuel tank with my first v patern ever. Next week I know if the V patern is a succes.

Stunning perfection! Only one piece of fabric for the top and no pattern distorsions … unbelievable.
What did you use for top coat?

Thanx ! I use an PU in mold coating and afterwards I paint it with a 2k clear.

Really nice work!

Impressive. .

Ethanol resistant?

I had a word with the rep at Matrix UK who supply the Sicomin range of ‘fuel tank’ resins and he states that their system will soften with the modern fuels blended with ethanol…

…so what resin system have you used?

Wow, amazing work!

… its all about the details. beautiful. !!

This is just absolutely stunning!!! I wish I had even an ounce of the skill required to make something this beautiful!

I don’t suppose you are going to try to make a Panigale 1199 tank anytime soon? :slight_smile:

There is difference between 100 % ethanol resistant and a blend of 10 % or something with gasoline. Which Sicomin resin are you refuring to ?

Thanx !

Thanx !

Thanx ! If somebody donates his fuel tank, pays me to do it and I have the time I will make one.

I spoke to the UK rep. ‘Tim’ from Matrix, he was referring to SR8500 / SD2705, I specifically stated the use of European pump fuel. He informed me that he had been at a product awareness course the previous week and that the resin would soften with use.

Amazing job!! congratulations.

How many layers of 245g/m2 has got? and did you used kevlar fabric, too?

What I heart is that the SR8500 is not available anymore, maybe duo the fact that you are mentioning.

Thanx !

I used 1 layer 245 g/m2 and some other multiaxial carbon behind it. I also used kevlar in it.

WOW that’s pretty amazing, quick one, what type of in-mold PU coating did you use and if possible please share a link. How long did it take you to complete this tank?

thanks.

Thanx. For the PU coating you can send me a pm. I takes me a few days, I don’t watch the time :D.

Finished an Gsx-r 1000 2007 / 2008 fuel tank today with my first ever v pattern.

WOW i’m speechless, whatever process you’re using just STICK TO IT.

Very impressive, It appear like a computer drawing!
you said that afterwards you paint it with a 2K clear. Do you sand after 2K clear?Hand sanding?
Regards

Thanx! There is still room for improvement.

I sand it before and after. After applying the clear I sand it to remove some small dust spots and polish it afterwards. I sand with a pneumatic sander and by hand.