Carbon Fiber soccer shin guards

This took more time than I had wish (family, lot of work on my primary job), but here are finally the shin guards, I started with infusion, but I get some bridging and dry spots, and then I tries vacuum bagging and get much better results.

mold making

Infusión and result

Load test, I am a 100 kgf guy!

Vacuum baging and final part after polished

Nice work! Why did you vacuum bag after infusion.

My infusions trials get a lot of air, I used the VE resin from US composites, I believe maybe it was not the best for infuse. Then since I am still learning, I decided to give a try to the vaccum baging.

Good job … very nice

I guess you infusion didn’t work because you didn’t use flow mesh accross the part. Flow mesh helps 1.air to travel out of the laminate and 2.resin to saturate the laminate

Hey apolo id love to buy two pairs (one for my brother and me)! How much would you sell for?

Hello dear forum:

Long time no posting!, well, I got a better position in my primary work, very busy this time, so I gave a rest on continuing with these carbon fiber sin guards.

Now I get some time to continue on this project. Nowadays there are some good products on the market. but locally in my country not so much, maybe only one or two people doing this as a formal bussine.

I am planning on get some supplies again, and I am still looking for some information and ideas on how to continue with this project, in order to became some kind of business, so I read a lot on the web all information that I think it can help.

FOR MY VERY VERY SURPRISE, I found one of my pictures that I posted here on the forum time ago, on a page of a formal company in Spain, they are advertising some carbon sin guards with one of MY PICTUREs!!!

http://www.biomecanicavitruvio.com/A…inilleras.html

I assume that posting pics over here in the web they become of popular domain, but taking a picture from my post to promote a product of a different person benefit may not far and even more for a professional.

Any way I feel honored that somebody from a company has looked at my pictures and found nice to show, but thinking professionally they should show pics from their own in their website since it is the product they announce honestly.
I have wrote a message by Facebook to this company just to comment that the carbon fiber sin guard that they have on their web page were made by me, I have not get a reply yet.

What do you think?

Thanks!

Looking at the two images I think they are not the same.

The lay of the weave on the right shinguard appears different in the two images, yours being straighter than that of the Spanish image.

I wanted to say the same thing when I first saw them, but after a few minutes of comparing them I became unsure and thought I’d keep quiet. I’m glad someone else sees it, as I do think they are different.

The thing that made me unsure is the resolution of the photos. The op’s photo is in higher resolution, and therefore easier to see the weave. The Spanish image is a bit lower resolution, and while you can still see the weave it is not quite as focussed. Which made me think perhaps they are the same, and it’s just the resolution that makes the weave appear differently, as certainly everything else looks the same! Right down to the reflections and the spots of light.

Very nice job …:slight_smile:

Well, I just back to the game. About the spanish page, I never get a reply, well, it does not bother to me. About the picture, yes it is the same, it is low resolution but I can see few air holes that looks like some shiny spot but they are air holes, I know very well, it is simply same picture.

I just get a few improvements of the technicque, and now I just starte to do several for some profesional soccer local teams.

You can see few of my shing guards on my Facebook page, look for Karbono Qro.

I think this is a never ending learning path, I get to this taking several baby steps but finally I think I get through.

Whish me luck!

Thank you!

Hello:

Just to let you know that continued working on develop the shing guards to be made tailored to the user legs, and now I am doing several for profesional socer teams locally.

I had to take several baby steps to get here, and I still need to learn several things, but I like the things how are developing by now.

Whish me luck!

Thanks dear forum!

PD - you can follow me on my Facebook / twitter / instagram as Karbono Qro

The shin guards look great!

Good luck with it all.