CARBON FIBER and FIBERGLASS Composite business tools molds materials

California, Los Angeles 91606

I have been making carbon fiber and fiberglass car parts for last 5-6 years.
It is a very interesting business.

EXAMPLE: you spend $50 on the materials and sell the part for $400-$475 shipped, Is not great???
I will be able to proof you what I am talking about.
I will be giving ALL THE TOOLS,MATERIALS AND MOLDS I HAVE. I am not making any parts anymore. This is a great job who is in High School or College who needs way extra money.
I invested OVER 25K in this business and it is already paid itself long time ago.
Call or text at (818)285-9308 Gary
Asking $3499

If it is so profit why you are leaving?

I’m curious as to what you have to offer.

Wife hates when I come home and smell like a polyester resin. She is an allergic. I have to make my decision … wife health or carbon fiber business.

PM sent, any questions, free to call or text

What I see now is not worth €7000, maybe €2000. Molds aren’t that good, vacuum pump for infusion that doesn’t run under 20 mbar so worthless for infusion, not much fibers and small quantities of small stuff.

Did I ask you to estimate my stuff??? What you see, you see it WRONG! If you do not know what you are talking about then shut up and seat in your Netherlands. You want to say something, the phone number is there! I think, this is not your business!!!

When you post something on a forum you kind of ask for opinions. The problem is that there are some people that know what they are talking about and see true your fairy tale story. They see what is really there on the pictures.

Good luck with selling and with the kind of reaction you gave you will probably do fine :noworry: .

And… “you are” one of them?! Just do not estimate my stuff, if you do not like something, send me a PM, alright?

Looks like it has been re-listed on ebay under a different number. Link here, 111422606086, http://www.ebay.com/itm/Corvette-C4-C5-targa-top-fiberglass-molds-resins-tools-carbon-fiber-fabrics-/111422606086?vxp=mtr

As Michiel said, I’m sure you invested a pretty penny into buying all this stuff, and maybe there is a bunch more stuff not in the photographs, but from what we can see, it doesn’t match up. I’m kind of thinking you are trying to recoup the investment on the tooling, which would make sense, as years ago I paid many thousands for my first tooling before learning how to produce my own.

Sorry to hear you are getting out of the industry due to outside issues, but good luck with your sale, a novice or hobby based person might find great value in getting everything from one source.

One last thing, could you provide the lengths and volumes of the items you are selling? That might help to show the value of the package you are selling.

I think your reaction is a bit much as… why even get mad? He’s not the only one with that reaction, as I feel similarly. No reason to try to insult some one just because you get your feelings hurt because you feel your previous investments of time and money are worth more because of sentiment.

10 molds that look fairly worn, 50yds of carbon, and a vacuum pump worth $100. I don’t see where that adds up to $7k, $2k maybe? I think if you had a more detailed list of what you’re selling, which is really a business not some random molds and materials. A business may be worth 7 grand, but as with any business you must expect the purchaser to want more detailed info.

I do think that you’ve probably made some good money with your setup. Corvette parts are not cheap though I did see a ton of competition on ebay. This might be a good setup for some student, etc, as you said but, who has $7k sitting around when their 20?

Yes, it comes with more stuff then you can see on the pictures. I just did not listed. The ebay lets only 12 pictures. I will be giving many gal of polyester resins and epoxies for different kind of work. One craftsman dual pump air compressor with 4 years extended warranty…etc.

random worn molds? They are not random, yes, they are worn a bit, but that explains why, because they were used over and over and over.
Just google carbon fiber targa tops for C4 C5 corvettes and you will you see I am the only one who makes them. I have been even offering to TEACH.
You do not use ebay to sell stuff, on ebay everything is so cheap and no quality. I was a vendor on digitalcorvetesdot com, that’s where you sell your stuff, but I have sold some on ebay too, look at my sellers history.

Just to show what my “cheap” pump and “worn” molds can make.

I’m sure that some who would consider this offer would want more info. All the questions respondents to this thread already asked are the same questions anyone else would have if they were gonna drop thousands of dollars on some one else’s business. I’d want to see much more info and wouldn’t take anyone’s word on what it’s worth. Your already saying that you have more than is pictured yet, don’t list exactly everything. There is no limit to how many pictures you can have on the internet, so saying ebay has a limit is not very helpful.

You mentioned about how your a vendor on this or that site after prodding… why not mention this upfront? Makes your sale a lot more attractive. Also pictures of finished products are nice, as well as sales numbers, inventory, etc.

I"m not trying to talk your business down or your work or to try to argue. It’s pretty obvious there is a lot of info missing and that’s what made me curious as to what you have for sale. I would think you might show some appreciation for other people taking some time to ask about what you have and use the interest to better show what the value is in your stuff. Maybe I’m reading you wrong, but it just sounds like you’re taking some offence. If so, I’m sure that is not what anyone has intended.

You are making good points, I agree with you.
This is something I can not just take pictures and keep posting. I have to meet the person and explain what is what and how the system works.
If $6500 is too much… people are welcome to make me an offers. Worst thing I can say is no.

I will be dropping the price until it will get sold.
New price $5499

1997-2005 C5 lower mold–SOLD

Carbon fiber fabrics-- SOLD

C5- Carbon fiber roof panel–SOLD

C5- Fiberglass targa top (complete) --SOLD

C4- Carbon fiber panel-- SOLD

C5- One layer of carbon fiber overlay+ 2 PART EPOXY system --SOLD

1/2" vacuum infusion line–SOLD (10/12/2014)

C4- One layer of carbon fiber overlay–PENDING

New price is–>$3899 SHIPPED OBO