Back in the day

I had an IROC, 1987 with the 5.7lt TPI. When the kid was born I had to give it up for a frikkin’ mini-van. Well 18 yrs later, the kid’s all grown up and finishing college so guess what I found?

It needs some work but it’s got potential. :wink:

I can hear the Whitesnake already! lol

First car was an '87 Firebird, myself…such a great car!

Well we put it up on the lift yesterday. Not good. Gonna need some major restoration to the underbody, floorpans, inner and outer rocker panels and some structural reconstruction. Luckily my kid graduates trade school this week as a welder/metal fabricator! Boy have I got a project for him when he gets home! :eek:

Too bad you don’t live in the Southwest US… plenty of rust free cars here. Also plenty of beaters that were from the salt mine states. A friend of mine is doing a frame off restoration of his '56 Chevy car… since it was from Michigan it requires all new floor pans, trunk pan, rockers, and bottom of the quarter panels replaced.

I’ll snap some pictures next time i’m at his shop… this Saturday.

You’re Camaro project sounds cool.

;

ohh here we go again…:smiley:

Well actually the only thing I’ve listened to on the giant rat box is Death Magnetic!

My first one was a 52 chev coup auto next 49 two door ford 6 banger then at the same time a 49 merc and 32 coup plus a 49 harley.